What Would You Bring?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JosieP • Feb 18, 2015.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, a very asked question.. maybe it's even been asked here, but here goes...

If you were going to be stranded on an island, what 3 things would you bring?

First, you have no choice.. you have to go to the island. Don't ask questions, I don't know why lol.. maybe you're being punished (or rewarded, however you want to look at it). Second, lets be as realistic as possible, I'm curious about the answers. So no boats to get off the island or anything silly unless you create a separate list lol.. them's the rules! :p

3 things you can carry there yourself... go.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I would bring a case of drawing paper, a case of assorted Prismacolor markers ,and a case of the instant coffee that already has cream and sugar in it, like General Foods. I prefer brewed coffee but there's a 3 item limit.
    If I can drink coffee and draw, I feel like myself and I feel normal.
    The past couple of months since I lost my apartment have been weird, but having my art supplies with me and drawing the wildlife at the park has helped me feel better.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of instant with cream and sugar in it! lol.. how convenient. I had never thought of coffee to bring. Omg, I couldn't imagine life without it.. I'd end up using my three items just on that. Guess I need to rethink some things lol.

I'm glad you have your art to lift you some.. whatever it takes to keep your head up through tough times. I hope things turn around for you really soon.

4. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    Well, If I absolutely had no choice to be there I would like to bring my toothbrush. I can't imagine being anywhere for a length of time without brushing my teeth. Secondly, I need a book. A good one that I wouldn't mind reading a few times. And lastly I would like my pillow or blanket. Whenever I read my books, I want to be comfortable and I'm only comfortable if I have my blanket and pillow.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Toothbrush! Another thing I never thought of. This is getting more real than I anticipated lol. I'm thinking I would need something reliable to start fires with too. can't live without fire and I doubt I'd be able to rub sticks together; at least for the first long while after getting there. So, flint? I'd want my coffee and toothbrush, but maybe I'll create my own coffee with whatever bean I can get my hands on there lol.. and with wild foods, I'm doubting I'll need much more than debris to brush and floss with and water for swishing. No processed foods means much healthier teeth ;)