What you doing with the Thanksgiving leftovers?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Esperahol • Nov 26, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I am having turkey salad, several kinds of casserole, some rather unusual breakfasts, and a great deal of midnight snacking involving several kinds of pie, cake, and ice cream. I love Thanksgiving, because gluttony is awesome. All that aside what are you doing with the leavings of your Thanksgiving feast? I can always use new ideas.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    This Thanksgiving sucked. We were supposed to go out to eat and my husband ended up not feeling good so I ordered a Subway turkey sandwich. :( No leftovers for me this year. I supposed that's a good thing though...no extra calories.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We usually make turkey tetrazzini or a casserole. This year, we made turkey enchiladas which was a nice way to change the flavor and still use up the leftover turkey meat. I will also freeze the carcass on Thanksgiving day and use the meat off of it to make a nice soup in about a week. I have made turkey and wild rice soup before and it is really good. This year, I will be making a creamy potato soup with turkey, onions and celery added in.

4. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever we cook Thanksgiving, we usually eat everything the same day/evening. When we head on over to my fiancee's family's house, her mother cooks a lot, which means leftovers for a week. Also, her food is absolutely amazing so I'm well-fed for quite some time. Her sister also makes a fantastic pumpkin cheesecake.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Sadly, our leftovers are now gone. Our leftovers turned into the next day's breakfast. Rice, beans, turkey, and brisket taste so much better the next day!

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was only one day of Thanksgiving leftovers. We scaled back on the food this year which was a good thing. This was my first year of being a vegetarian on Thanksgiving. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I still ate my favorites...cranberry sauce and dressing/stuffing.

7. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Turkey sandwiches! The best part about thanksgiving leftovers! And you can put anything on the turkey sandwiches, too...like gravy...*mouth watering*

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had turkey and ham sandwhiches with our leftovers it was great the only thing i have left now is pumpkin pie which i am still snacking on that it's my favorite.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I brought home a huge turkey leg from thanksgiving at my aunt's house. The meat has gone into our omelettes for days now, and the bone became the base for a turkey broth. Also I haven't cooked myself lunch in a few days just trying to get rid of leftover pasta, vegetables, and potatoes.