What Your Favorite Operation System for Windows

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by stacyje • Sep 5, 2014.

1. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    With all the new windows operation systems available I would have to say Windows Xp is the one I like the most. I have tried window 8 , vista, and 7 and I have to say I am not at all impressed. I notice that they stop making updates for windows xp and it sad. What Your favorite Window Operating System ?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Windows 7. I was a big fan of XP and adamant to never change it, but then a few games that I wanted to play came out and they only ran on Windows 7. Bummer! So I got out and bought the cheapest win7 license I could find. Even if the switch was somewhat forced I'm really enjoying the OS right now. Fast, great features and my games work well. Win 8 I had no look at it yet - last I read it sucked a little but I'm guessing the kinks were ironed out by now.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite Windows OS is 7. I liked XP back in the day and hated Vista when it came out, it made everything you did so complicated. When they released Windows 7 and I tried it out I was extremely happy with it. Everything worked fast and similar to XP, and I didn't have to worry about compatibility issues like I had with XP in its later years. I haven't tried Windows 8, but from what little I've seen I don't think I will like it, which sucks, because my old laptop broke and the new ones all come with Windows 8.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I like XP and 7. I still have one PC that runs XP and my laptop runs Windows 7. It's a shame that there is no more support for XP and support for Windows 7 will only be available via subscription starting next year. Pretty soon, I'll have to upgrade to Windows 8. In the meantime, I'm rocking my Windows 7. ;)

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Either XP or 7. Well, 7 is better now, since XP is not supported anymore, but since Vista Windows has began to feel very bloated. There are a lot of features on 7 I do not use and there are security features that don't have a simple way of being disabled. There's nothing I'm using 7 for that XP wasn't able to do as far as I know. I also have some nostalgia for XP but I won't ever use it again.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, all the games that I installed on Windows XP ran without any problems, while on Vista and on Windows 7, I have come across a lot of crashing, and most were unable to run at all inspite of the game being properly installed. I also don't like that the "move" option was removed in Windows 7.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my PC mostly for browsing so if the browsers short-cut icon is on the desktop, I wouldn't mind what operating system is running on my machine. That said though, having used the old versions of Windows: Windows 98 and others, when XP came out it was so much better than the others that I [fell in love with it and] was unwilling to change and get myself a newer operating system.

I still use XP right now but when I get myself a new computer in a few months time, I'll probably get myself Windows 8.1 in order to avoid having to change my OS for a long time. Again.

8. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I would say the XP is the favorite of them all. I would still love to use it, but the thing is, a lot of developers, including the Microsoft, has abandoned it and moved on, so it's not possible for me to keep using it. I have moved on to Windows 7 and am surprisingly happy with ti. There wee a lot of users complaining about it, but I don't find it bad. So I would sa that 7 is my favorite for the time being.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some nostalgia for XP as well. It was my favorite but it is now outdated so time to go to the new. I still haven't figured out why I don't like 7. 8 is fine once you play with it for a while.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Windows XP, but I wasn't able to keep using it, so I've adapted to Windows 7 and like it well enough. I don't like the funky tiled look of Windows 8 and I'm not interested in having my desktop look like the interface for a smartphone, so hopefully I can avoid Windows 8.

11. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    Windows 7 is probably the best OS from Windows so far. I don't like what they have done with Windows 8/8.1. I don't like the tiles, but the biggest problem I have with it is that it does not have a start menu. I want to be able to see a list of my most used programs and not a bunch of useless tiles. Windows XP was good, but the functionality just does not compare with Windows 7.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I still love XP. Perhaps it is because it's the OS I grew up using. So, when I use new ones, I just get confused with the lay-out. XP is also very user-friendly. It is easy to navigate, and you can install a lot of programs on it. I's pretty sad when Microsoft announced that it will no longer support updates on XP though. :(

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite version of Windows is 7. I love XP but it has a lot of, well things that I don't like and found that MS fixed all of those with Windows 7. Too bad they screwed it when they released Windows 8, I hope they fix it up when Windows 9 gets released.

14. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Windows XP is my favorite. It's compact, very fast and fairly easy to get into. Although somethings that I really don't like about XP is it's security, for the most part if it's not a virus it's some sort of OS bug. But it was fixed in 7 so it's all good.