What's a good workout for lower abs

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Mddimehdi • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Mddimehdi

MddimehdiNew Member

Threads:
    So I need to work on my lower abs. I have somewhat decent upper abs just from running and playing soccer, but my lower abs haven't gotten much work. I know that I can't really find a workout to specifically target just the lower abs, but one that can focus on them has got to be out there. It would be great if you guys can give me tips about what I need to do to strengthen my lower and middle abs.

If I think of anything else I'll post here for sure.

Thanks!

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Your lower abs tend to be more difficult than the upper abs in terms of strength and definition. Here is are some exercises to workout your lower abs, and you should do them at least twice per week:

Hanging Leg Raise do 12-15 reps, Land Mine do 10 per side, Weighted Crunch do 15, Swiss Ball Plank do a 30-sec hold

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Do crunches and abs. There's nothing really specific, but to get it really visible, reduce your fats by doing cardiology exercises, by probably running or jogging and then at the same time while working you abdominal muscles. I do plank and crunches for my abs. Side planks and main planks, 1 minute each, 3 repetitions in a day, not necessarily consecutively.

4. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Crunches are the best thing ever for your abs. I can;t stress it enough. Do some planks with the crunches are you are good to go.

5. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    If you want your abs to look great even if you're not flexed you should adjust your diet not your workout. Reducing your bodyfat is the key to success, search the internet for ways to do this, adjust your diet, and after a few months you'll see the results you shall never see from training. You can work out as much as you want, those muscles will eventually develop but they shall still be covered by fat.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a workout expert but I've noticed that any exercise that targets the hips tends to give the deep low abs a good workout as well. I'll be honest, core strength is obviously a huge benefit for avoiding injury and a sore back - so I'd never begrudge someone toning and strengthening abs, but generally speaking, if you are just trying to look better, the main thing is staying thin. You can't crunch your way to a flat stomach if you have fat covering all the work you are doing, you know?

But since you say your cardio is taking care of your upper abs, you might try a yoga or pilates class. I promise you'll be sore in places you've not experienced soreness before, but it won't kill you in the process.