What's the best beer for you?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by fruii29 • Apr 2, 2014.

1. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    The first time I drank beer was when I was sixteen. I can't forget how I fell in love with the taste of the beer. But I haven't been adventurous when it comes to other beers. As far as I am concerned, I like Budweiser and Corrs. Recently, I've tasted beers that might change my perspective on beers. I've tasted Corona and Tecate. With the two, I'd say I am more on a Tecate fan than Corona. But I love the taste of both. I think they are both light but it really has a kick. My friend also ask me to try Heineken. It's also good tatsing beer. What about you, which beer do you like the most?

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not very 'discerning of taste' when it comes to beer. So the best beer for me is Milwaukee's Best, because I can get a six-pack of it for ... I think, it's under $5. Similarly, I've also bought Natural Light (Natty Lite) ... around $6 (with no `Walky's Best in sight :( )

'The bars I've been to' either don't keep that stuff in stock or aren't too proud of it (not well-traveled, I've only been to two-or-three; and those right here in Oklahoma City), because I always get Bud Lite in bars---I only go for the Karaoke, but you've got to 'make a purchase' (like using the restroom most places).

I half-expected you (or someone here) to comment on 'which beers are better for you' (making it "worth" the little-extra cost). But--unless someone expounds on the 'health-quality' of some brands (I've heard beers referred to as 'liquid bread' before)--Milwaukee's Best is the best bang for your buck!

#2Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried that beer yet. But based on what you've just said here. I think it's worth a try. I also like the fact that it is not very expensive. I can drink a lot without having to pay more. Anyway, those beer that I have mentioned were given to me by friends. I really don't have a way to get it for myself. You can also try these beers. Who knows, you might end-up liking it. Let me know your thoughts.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I've actually been trying mostly local brews and finding that I enjoy those A LOT more than commercial beers.

About the only commercial beer I enjoy at this point is Yuengling. All the others just end up tasting dull or too bitter to me.

I went to a brew festival last year and was so surprised by how many beers I loved because I had previously considered myself a non-beer drinker!

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I initially thought this was going to be a post about the healthiest beer.

I generally prefer a beer with a little colour - an IPA or something similar. We have many craft breweries in my area and they not only provide an excellent selection of beers, but also create a few seasonal beers such as a winter ale or a wheat beer for the summer. I will drink the bigger commercial brands as a cold beer on a hot day is nice even if it isn't my favorite beer. The majority of commercial beers around here are either a lager or a pilsner - lighter in colour and flavour.

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't drink beer but until recently one of my co worker let me tried the new Beer Margarita and I have to say it changed my mind. This drink was so good, flavorful, and tasty so if you haven't tried it please do, My husband on the other hand is a Heineken Beer Drinker. Which I have never tried.

7. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:

Tecate is awesome!!! I hate Coronas though because they taste like urine. I have never drank urine before but if I did, that's how it would taste. Also Heineken tastes and smells like a fart. Sorry, to anyone who is offended by that word. You guys need to try Dos Equis!!! Now that's some good beer! Also, if you don't really like the taste of regular beer, try Blue Moon! Dos Equis & Blue Moon! But if you get Blue Moon, get the one with the blue labels (forgot the name of the flavor) because there's more than one kind of Blue Moon.

8. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose Bud Light.

I think it has the best flavor. I am not choosing it because it is the most popular brand. Although that fact does help. Bud Light's popularity make it a social drink. If you are hosting a party you will not have to worry about buying different types of beer in order to cater to everyone's needs.

Everyone likes Bud Light. At least in my experience. Bud Light is a brand that most people are comfortable with even if it is not their favorite.

I am surprised that i actually like beer now. When i was younger i thought it taste like pee.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I think I've tried most of those other beers; but my income is such that--when I buy beer--I'm mostly buying it 'for the alcohol-effect'---and then not so much 'to get drunk' as 'to get "comfortably numb"' (and/or just to say I have beer ;) )

Those other beers, I hold in much the same regard as 'wine at weddings'---I'll drink `em if someone's offering :D

As you get older a) your taste-buds grow less-sensitive and/or b) you just don't care that it tastes like pee (since you know that's what it's gonna be eventually, you might even appreciate more that your digestive system doesn't have to work so hard to turn it into that :p )

#9Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  10. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    Bud Ice and Natural Ice. Usually, I drink wine because I am trying to lose weight! But, my room mate always has these two beer brands around and I found out that they have the highest alcohol content while still being fairly low in calories. They have about 5.5 percent alcohol and 150 calories per 12 oz. can. I think Bud Ice tastes the best, but I don't drink beer for the taste, anyway, haha!

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Stella Artois, it's my very favorite! It's milder, tastes better, it's affordable and not as bitter as some others. I also enjoy Heineken, Shock Top and Blue Moon, but if I'm choosing whichever one I want, it will be Stella everytime!

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Stella Artois too and I even have the special chalices that you use for it and learned from an internet video the correct way to pour Stella Artois so that you get the right amount of foam in your chalice.
    Their website and online marketing campaigns are really cool.

13. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    I'm very surprised Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier has not been mentioned. It's from the oldest running brewery in the world, beer-advocate gives it 98+100. Personally, heffe's are my favorite style too... I love the taste of wheat! So surprisingly creamy and complex without the unnecessary bitterness.

14. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    Oh additionally, Old Rasputin. I just love the flavor and everything about it. It was the first craft beer that I tried (and hated it at the time). I really like what North Coast Brewing did to it. I could drink it every time I sit down for a beer and not get tired of it

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Like others here, I'm a huge Stella Artois fan. It immediately one of my favorite beers and is easily my favorite "lighter" beer.

I find myself drawn to dark beers and my favorite has really become Fat Tires. Just can't get enough of the flavor and for me at least, it goes with pretty much everything

16. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm drinking beer I generally don't care very much, I'm more of a liquor person. Its generally Bud Ice but I had old Rasputin once (saw someone a few posts above mention it) and I loved it, my sister's ex husband brought a case for me once because the cover art made us laugh but it was quite good.

P.S. - I never die!

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite is Corona. I don't really like to drink beer all that much, to be honest, but this has a light enough taste that it becomes bearable to me. Not that I hate drinking all that much either, but it helps when the taste is light. I like tasting other dark brews as well from time to time, but I always just drink enough to taste and get tipsy, as I don't like the feeling of being drunk. :D

18. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I like Michelob Ultra and Bud Light. I know people say that those aren't "real beers," but they're the ones that I like the best. Overall, though, I really prefer wine over beer.

19. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I do enjoy a beer on occasion, and when I have one, I always want an imported, dark, beer, or what they call amber. If I was going to pick some brands, I would say Alaskan Amber, and Michelob Amberbock is good for me as well. I should find out what dark, beer Abbey's Pizza serves because I LOVE that, on tap;) Let me see if I can google it;) Darn, can't find out until after 11 a.m. this morning. Well, I know I like their dark beer, so I'm sure there are other good brands I would like to try out as well. I do NOT like bitter beers, and I have had the Corona Light, loved it, even though it is not a dark or amber I don't believe?

20. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Is that the way the Internet works everywhere? (Where you can't effectively get information until after 11 a.m.)

Why is that? Is it that that's usually the time someone's there to monitor the server at your Internet-Provider?

... BACK ON TOPIC: Is there a brand of beer THEY should be drinking (after work) to help them sleep better?

#20Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014