What's The Female Equivalent To Giving Flowers?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by lookatalthea • Nov 12, 2015.

1. lookatalthea

lookataltheaMember

Threads:
    I always find myself thinking that I wish it was acceptable to give flowers to my husband. I mean I could give him flowers, but it doesn't carry the same meaning and implication as when men give flowers to women. Giving flowers to any woman is probably going to be considered very sweet. It's a fail proof way to say "I love you." There is nothing like this for men! Does anyone have any ideas?

2. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    All I can think of is chocolate. Making homemade chocolate I would say. It could definitely work when your lover loves sweets. It is something I do not see men doing. I do not see men making chocolate for their loved ones. It seems like something a woman would do. But I think chocolate would be the equivalent of flowers. But maybe I have just been watching too many romance anime's...

3. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    Uh.... don't ask a man this question... you might not want to hear the answer.

Although I would say that you probably know best how to do something special that your significant other likes as much as if not more so than anyone here. If you are looking for something generic, maybe suggest some time with friends without you or make a super fancy dinner that he likes and bake his favorite dessert.

good luck! thanks for reading :)

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, I think I do know what the equivalent of a bunch of flowers is for a man but I couldn't possibly say it here!

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think a good meal is an appropriate counterpart, whether it be home cooked or even just a custom buffet of fast food since being allowed to indulge for a day is probably a welcome thought for most men regardless of whether it is home cooked or not. Apart from that and the obvious naughty suggestions, you could also consider just buying him a premium version of the usual things he likes, such as expensive alcoholic drinks like rum, scotch, or even just premium beers. Some of these probably exceed the price of high end flowers but hopefully you can get some ideas from this suggestion.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Men who drink won't mind if you buy them alcohol.

Men who like eating will not mind a well-cooked meal.

Men who like sports, buy him a ticket so he can watch his favorite team play.

Men who like exercising, get him gym membership.

Men who like gaming, buy him a new video game.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I was just thinking of something like this. I have heard of some women making a "man" basket. It might have something like cigars, beers, sausages,ect.

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    The
    They say that a good way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Surprising him with his favorite treat, such as favorite candy or homemade baked good is one way to go. My husband has a sweet tooth, so sometimes I will surprise him by baking his favorite cookies or by picking up a box of his favorite snack cakes at the grocery store.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With men I think it's dependent on their hobbies and personality. Like what Denis Hard said, you can simply gauge what specific gift to give him if you know him well enough and his hobbies.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    The thing is, we don't really care whatever you give us as long as it came from you. We're not going to exactly show you us getting all jumpy about it but I assure you deep down that we appreciate the gesture. However giving us things that are related to our hobbies is a big plus.

11. Lemonjelly

LemonjellyNew Member

Threads:
    Give him flowers if it comes from ur heart do it

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    If we think about it, it's really difficult to give gifts to men. I always have to think carefully of what I can give my man because he always says, "You don't have to get me anything." And of course I don't have to, but I want to. So for my husband he loves:

1. Letters. He is really sentimental and would love gifts that are hand made such as letters, crafts or anything like it.
    2. Shirts or Pants. My husband is really a shirts and pants guy. So giving him clothes as gifts is also a good idea, he loves Topman or Aeropostale.
    3. iTunes Card. He also loves playing games on his iPhone so an iTunes gift card is also perfect for him.

Good luck!

13. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Occasionally when my man is good to me and I want to reciprocate the kindness I may pick him up a six pack of his favorite beer on my way home from work, or bake him his favorite cake or dinner.
    I would definitely recommend looking into the five love languages relationship builder concept:

(I HIGHLY recommend this book!)
    then build an idea for what gift to give him from whatever his love language is.

A few examples:

Gift giving -- a new wallet, a fun gadget, a cheap funny movie
    Quality time -- set up at at home picnic on your living room floor, lay in bed and talk about your childhood or favorite memories, go for a walk through the park
    Words of affirmation -- Get him a card, in it write several of the things he's done for you that you're grateful for, tell him how handsome he is, tell him about a time he was particularly amazing
    Acts of Service -- He didn't get a chance to get his suit dry cleaned before his interview? Get it done for him! Organize his closet! fill his car up with gas!
    Physical Touch -- Honey, you know what this entails ;) Put some Shakira on and do your thing; alternatively, give him a back or foot massage.

14. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    Beer, chocolate, tickets to sports events, if you're husband is into that kind of things. Us men don't really care about getting stuff so much anyway. We're just happy to have our loved ones close to us. I suppose you could also ask your husband what things he'd like to get. Maybe he likes fishing and would like to get some special artificial baits that are too expensive for him to consider buying under normal circumstances.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I was thinking. Well, if you must buy something, you could buy some skimpy lingerie to wear while you give him the "flower". Also, you can't go wrong with liquor or meat. My ex was fond of Jack Daniel's and steaks.