What's the first album you've ever bought?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by obliviousme • Aug 10, 2014.

1. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I bought my very first album completely out on a whim. The album was called 'Sigh No More' by Mumford and Sons. I had no plan whatsoever in buying the album that time but i did and i don't know why. Maybe because i just really wanted to suppport the band. Anyways, i didn't regret buying it because i really fell in love to almost all of the songs in the album. Really great band! ;)

2. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I'm going to really date myself here, but I bought my first album on cassette tape, and it was Robert Plant's Now and Zen...it had just come out at that point.

Glad you asked this question though, it brought up good memories of searching through stacks of physical products in a music store; had some fun times doing that.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My first album was a Michael Jackson album. I was obsessed with his songs for a while and couldn't help but play the whole album from beginning to end all day. It really helped that most albums back then strived more to be well rounded and complete, especially MJ's, as these days I think artists just expect people to buy per song so maybe they don't try as hard anymore.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    My first album was on vinyl and it was Wham Make It Big. I was in junior high when that album came out. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go was everywhere. Everywhere. The adults were as annoyed by that song as most are annoyed by Happy today. Anyway, I knew that album backwards and forwards. It's so good.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think my first album was the Flashdance soundtrack on cassette, or maybe it was Stacey Q's "Better than Heaven" on cassette which featured her hit song Two of Hearts.
    I don't think the cassette that came with my Barbie and the Rockers doll counts.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    The first album I ever bought was The Bodyguard Soundtrack when I was a kid. I begged my mom to get it for me because I loved the song, I Will Always Love You. To this very day that song is my absolute favorite of all time. The funny part is when I listen to the album, I only listen to songs by Whitney Houston and not the other artists. I know that's horrible but I'm a Whitney fan so my loyalty lies with her.