What's the most costly piece of software you've ever purchased?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by troutski • Aug 19, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some PC software costs mere dollars while other programs might cost hundreds of dollars. What's the most you've ever spent on a PC program? I know a lot of us have probably purchased Microsoft Office, which is often around $100. Has anyone purchased something more expensive like PhotoShop or something else?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    At this point, yes, technically PhotoShop is what costs me the most.

For years, I had a copy of it that I had gotten from a friend. Unfortunately, now they're a subscription-based program (you can't just buy it outright any more). And I have to have the most recent versions for my work, so I pay monthly for it and it really adds up. :(

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It's probably Boujou. That thing cost $10,000 not kidding. It's a match moving software it's really expensive now obviously I didn't bought it myself it was for our team but my God that thing was really expensive.

4. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    For me it's Photoshop. But it has definitely earned what I've paid for it. So all in all it was a good investment. Paying for software is supporting the developers, which means more and more updates. Any software you use is worth its price.

5. Trevorwilson131

Trevorwilson131New Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing Windows 8, if that counts. I also bought an older version of Photoshop a while ago, but I think it was cheaper than Windows.

6. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Wow are you serious? You guy's manages to purchase Boujou at full price? That's really expensive. Do you think it's worth the $10,000? As for me the most expensvice software I've purchased was a copy of Windows 7 for my PC. I was about to say Photoshop but I got mine for free when I purchased my Wacom tablet.

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Same here, it's Windows 7 for me as well. I usually ask my brother to install all other softwares I need for my PC and these are usually hand me downs as he upgrades his PC and softwares.