What's the most fuel efficient cat that you know of?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by lindbergh • Oct 18, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the practical kind of guy. I don't want fancy or fast cars to impress. What I want is a cheap car that saves on fuel. Oil prices have skyrocketed these past few years and I just can't afford to get a car that wastes too much gas. That's why I'm canvassing for a fuel efficient car. What's your recommendation?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'd have to look around. These links list a number of cars that the writers thought were fuel-efficient. Yours is to click on the link and do the verifications yourself.

It would set you on the right path.

3. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    Cats are generally not that fuel efficient, my little kitten would eat a whole cow every day if he could xD
    On a more serious note, the links provided by Denis look really helpful, but you should also read about

. This Wikipedia article has helped me realise that I was doing a few things the wrong way, and now I save some gas every time I use my car.

4. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Cats. hahaha. This made me chuckle a little bit.

Anyway, some of the fuel-efficient cars in our country (Philippines) that are commonly used would be Honda Jazz, Hyundai Accent (Diesel variant), Ford Focus (Diesel), Hyundai Getz, and Kia Picanto.

My old Toyota Corolla is no match with the cars above as mine gargles gasoline for its breakfast. haha

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the above poster.. I have 3 cats, they eat anything and everything juuuust in case the others find it first :p I don't know about the rest of your post though.. I don't drive, silly.

6. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Cats are terrible, I had a cat that ate like a dog once! :D Doesn't matter if you don't drive Josie, you have 3 cats, right on topic.

I only know gasoline and diesel, so no big question for me. My car runs on diesel and it is much cheaper...

7. sbg101

sbg101New Member

Threads:
    We have two TDI VW Jetta's. Our first experience with a diesel and getting 48-51mpg from a 9 year old car was the reason we got a second one less than a year later. That particular year (2003) is very difficult to find. We literally looked all over the country for our first Jetta, finally buying one 2700 miles away in Reno.

Then a few weeks ago, a co-worker bought an Insight since the 1 1/2 hr commute each way to work in a minivan was killing him. Even though I thought hybrids were suppose to really shine with city driving, he insists that he's getting 50mpg on the highway. His only complaint so far is the passenger headrest was blocking too much of the rear view in his mirror to his liking, so he just lays the seat back. Getting that kind of mileage is worth doing that, as far as he's concerned. I'd feel the same way! He got that one for a little over 20 grand, including taxes and fees.

8. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I think all the diesel vehicles are fuel efficient.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. Thanks guys for your contributions. It was an honest mistake. Sheesh. I really hate you auto correct! You're giving me a lot of trouble.

Anyways my brother has a Honda Jazz and it really is fuel efficient. Probably gonna get that one too. I have to get my car loan approved.

P.S. I love cats.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not a car expert, but my family has owned a couple of Asian brand cars through my lifetime, and if I'm not mistaken, I think Toyota has the best fuel efficiency. All Asian brands have certain advantages and disadvantages to them, and they are all good, in my opinion, but Toyata cars are the most well balanced among all of them, in my opinion.

11. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    The Toyota prius has to be the most effecient car at the moment. A hybrid car that uses electricity and fuel at the same time. If not then i would say the telsa electric cars. But they are pretty expensive. So will be worth it in the long run.

12. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know which car is the "most" fuel-efficient. I think that would be hard to pick. But for 2013, some of the cars that ranked high on fuel-efficiency were Scion iQ EV, Smart car FourTwo electric drive, Ford Focus electric, Nissan Leaf, Tesla Model S and Toyota Prius.

13. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good point, SpringBreeze. My cousin swears by Toyota as well, especially for saving along as a truck. They added a

and say that's supposed to save on that as well.