What's the most you'd pay for a mobile app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Dude • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    I've been browsing through the Android market, and there are a couple of apps that have a pretty steep price -- upwards of $50. The most that I would pay for an Android app would probably be $15, but it would have to be very high quality and I would expect it to run flawlessly. It just goes to show that we've been trained to try and get everything for extremely low prices! :p

What is the highest price you would pay for a mobile app? What's the most you've spent on one?

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I don't think I would even want to pay more than a buck for an app. I paid hundreds on the phone, and then they are asking for even more. I do not have an android, so I don't know what apps are $50, probably GPS? Not sure I would pay that much. If I wanted a decent GPS I would just buy one, and not put everything onto a tiny device with a tiny battery.

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I am too cheap to buy the apps on my Android :) Seriously, I have not bought one and I have had the phone for 2 years now. Most of the apps are not worth it to me, and then the more you have on the phone, the more memory you are using on your phone.

I do have some free apps on my phone that I love. The FX Camera for the Android is really cool, I have a lot of fun with this one and it is free.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    $0! Finding the .apk files is a lot easier and works the exact same. I'm sorry Android, you're just too easy to fool :p I wouldn't pay for an app unless I REALLY wanted it and tried it beforehand.

5. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I think the most I would pay for an android app is 10$, I haven't had to pay anything for any apps yet. I havent found the need or use for something that is THAT good. Maybe I will find one eventually though :)

6. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    I would never pay more than a $1 for an app. There is nothing out there that will save my life so it will not be worth more than that. I think if it could make traffic stops safer or save me from an active shooter, then sure I'd pay more. Stupid apps about flying pigs, not worth much.

7. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I never look to buy apps. If I see an app I want that might cost money, the first thing I do is start looking around for something a little similar, but free.

8. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I have quite a few apps for my android but I haven't pay anything for them. I can't see paying for the apps when there are so many other ones that I enjoy for nothing. I like to save money and I can't see spending money on the apps especially with the monthly phone bills.

9. calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbesNew Member

Threads:
    I have never, and will never, buy an app. There are so many free ones, why buy one? Also you can probably find one that you have to pay for on one site for free on another site. But I would never spend money on apps unless I was rich. I am completely fine just playing Angry Birds all the time. That game is fun heehee.

10. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    For a game the most I'd pay is £5. For something that will actually help me and is very very high quality then the max I'd pay is £10.

11. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    The most I have paid for an app is $7 and that's the most I would be willing to pay, too. It was for my keyboard app and it is totally worth it. I spend a lot of time on my tablet because the kids get on the laptop so that app has really saved my thumbs. I can't type as fast as I can on a regular keyboard, but I'm pretty darn fast! It keeps up with how many keystrokes it's saved me and a couple weeks ago I hit the 10,000 keystrokes saved benchmark.

I try to get my apps for free or at a discount whenever I can, though. Amazon has a daily deal where you can get a paid app for free from their app store for Android. The app is different every day, but I've gotten some nice ones in the past.

12. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have an Android phone but I have an iPhone and I will only pay up to $0.99 for an app. Oh yeah, I'm such a cheapskate but there are a lot of cool apps for free.

13. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I'm with the crowd that looks for the free app that will do. But, there are a few apps I have paid for. My girls have enjoyed practicing their reading with Bob Book apps that are totally interactive and multi-leveled. Those 2 cost me $2.99 each and were worth it. I downloaded a word processing program for about $30 when I first bought the iPad. I don't use that much at all, though, since I still rely on my old MacBook for the great majority of my word processing needs.

My favorite app is my Harry Potter game for the iPad. It cost only $4.99 and is just as good, if not way cooler because I can easily take it with me, than any Wii or Playstation version of the HP games.

14. Sam_Green

Sam_GreenNew Member

Threads:
    The most that I ever paid for an iPhone app was $13. I went on to play that game about five times then forgot about it! From then on, I made a promise to myself to resist these expensive applications. Now the maximum price I will pay is $4. That way if I don't enjoy it or don't play it much, I have only wasted $4 at the most. As for those $20 and higher apps... no way!

15. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I always look for the free apps, unless there is something I absolutely feel the need to have. In which case I will not spend over $1.99. I figure the phone was expensive enough, and I pay more than enough for the service and internet access to download the app.

16. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    It depends on what kind of app it is. If I knew I could use the app to make money with, and recover my investment rather quickly, I would be more inclined to pay a higher price. I would never pay $50 for a game, though.

17. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    I don't pay for my apps at all. If its not free then I don't need it.

18. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I honestly don't think I would pay more than $2 for an app. I can't imagine anything being worth more than $2 on my phone. I don't know what I would need to be accessible all the time that I don't already have accessible. Facebook maybe but I usually have access to a computer close by that I do not have a need to spend more money on an app.

19. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    The most I would pay is probably only $1.99. Anything more than that is just overboard for me. Any game apps that are over $1.99 are most likely extremely complicated and I will never end up playing them. I learned my lesson about that after purchasing GTA 3 on my Ipod for $5.99! It was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Apps that are $1.99 are even pushing it for me, they better have something that I would use everyday for a LONG time before I decide to invest in them.

20. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    The most I've ever paid for an app was $2.99. Sometimes the paid apps give you special privileges, but most of the time it is not necessary to pay for apps. Most of the free versions work perfectly fine, and I see no real reason to have paid downloads. I know it's a way to support developers, which I completely understand that they need money too. The prices at the Play Store are very expensive, and I rarely use the apps enough to pay for them.