What's The Most You'd Spend On Every Day Jewelry?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • May 17, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to spend too much on jewelry personally because I usually break it or leave it behind somewhere and I don't like to therefore feel like I've wasted a lot of money. For that reason I tend to stick to jewelry that only costs around $5 or so per piece if I'm wearing it for general every day use. I'll almost always spend far less on every day jewelry than jewelry for special occasions though, with the possible exception of a watch which I may be willing to spend more on.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not exactly fond of jewelry because wearing them can be inconvenient sometimes (particularly now that I've started developing food allergies). 90 percent of the trinkets I keep with me are fancy items, not made from gold, copper, silver or diamond. I spend not more than 3 dollars every year for my fancy jewelry purchases.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have spent zero dollars in jewelry, simply because I'm not fond of wearing them at all, so that's a good thing, right? My mom used to have some jewelry, but it was sold already, s I did not get a chance to inherit them.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My most expensive jewelry right now, outside of my wedding ring, which did cost a lot, are things that my fiancé gives me, which are custom jewelry. I'm not sure those are everyday, since I do use those for special occasions, but that's because of the price.

I usually will buy very cheap jewelry for everyday use, the only ones that are little better are the ones I get as gifts from family or my fiancé.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much on every day jewelry either. I try to get earring for under $10. I have lost so many pairs that it just feels like I'm throwing money away. I look for deals on Groupon or Amazon. I generally buy earrings that look expensive but aren't. I like ones that I can wear day and night as well. I find if you buy the crystal diamond earring and they are too large they look fake so I try to buy smaller ones with the Swarovski crystal which really glitter. They are inexpensive but look nice.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have worn so many cheap pieces of jewelry, that I have begun buying nice items that I can wear year after year. Thankfully, I like sterling silver jewelry so it is less expensive. The most I have spent was to replace a necklace that broke and it was $232.00, I think. And the main reason I replaced it was that it was from my brother and my son.

7. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I think the most I’ve spent on jewelry is $125. It’s actually a pair of rings because I bought it for my girlfriend at the time. It was just a simple pair of metal rings with our names engraved in the inside. If you’ve seeing the ring in the Lord of the Rings movies, the ones I bought look just like it. The rings I bought weren’t made of expensive metal. The high price is mostly because of the fees for the artist who engraved our names inside of the rings.

8. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    All of my everyday jewelry has actually been gifts from loved ones so I guess I haven't spent any. Apart from my watch that was $90

9. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I would never spend too much on jewelry since it's not one of my priorities or even my favorite accessory. They can be very hard to use, even annoying at times. I bought a bunch of necklaces and earrings on Ebay that I'm way too lazy to wear, so I would never spend much money on it, as I might end up forgetting about it or not adapting very well.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't spend a lot on it, I like to get things that are maybe 75 percent off retail. Peebles has some good sales sometimes where they mark things way down. I will get jewelry there if possible. I saw a necklace in Woman's Day Magazine that was really attractive..and it was about 8 bucks. I haven't been able to find it so far...but I would love to, as it was gorgeous.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are at an age where we are sizing down a lot and selling off many things so we have less clutter. We bought throughout life much gold and some jade jewelry. We got a good price when gold was up then it plummeted. Now I just don't buy jewelry. Love jewelry as gifts though. :)

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I would only spend $15 on a necklace at Charming Charlie. That is the most that I would spend for an occasion. I wouldn't pay anymore because chances are it will eventually break.

13. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    I love jewelry, sparkle and rhinestones, So I don't mind sometimes to spend little bit more
    :p
    But I usually will buy very cheap jewelry for everyday use, there are many cheap online stores where I buy them. As and example those

are cheap, and they seem pretty quality and sparkly to me . So I need them :D

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love accessories and have a lot of jewellery. I'm always on the lookout for some funky pieces, something I know will work well with my outfits. So given the frequency with which I buy the stuff, I don't tend to spend that much on my jewellery. The most I'll pay is around £50, and that's usually on some chunky bangles or statement neck piece. I can't afford diamonds or anything like that.

15. Mike U

Mike UNew Member

Threads:
    Even i don't prefer spending too much on jewelry. But wearing jewelry according to occasion also makes you extraordinary. So, I would say it is worth to spend on jewelry for use not for buying and keeping it aside.

16. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    The most I have spent on everyday jewelry is $1 a piece. I don't like spending too much on them since I easily lose them. There are a lot of nice ones now that are not too expensive which are of equal quality of ones that cost five times more.

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased jewelry for myself. I don't like jewelry unless it has value and if it does, I didn't buy it because it was a gift. If I had to buy one to fit into something then I'd spend no more than 2 dollars on a necklace or something. They just aren't for me and I rather spend my money on something else.