What's The Next BIG THING for PC technology?!

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 16, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    So, we've all been trying to figure out "what's the next big thing in the PC world?!"

Well, if you've been doing this "brainstorming" too, then here's some hope:

Memristor, which is a system that will effectively replace "flash memory", by literally "remembering how much current had passed through it" during things like a power outage, allowing it to preserve itself, and operate under challenging conditions such as these.

64-Bit Computing, which literally increases the RAM (capacity to store additional memory on the PC), and

Gesture-Based Remote Control, which uses a device similar to a camera attachment, to translate physical gestures, into commands for the PC system (eg, palm facing the PC meaning "STOP").

So, what do you think of these inventions? Are there any other technological developments that you'd like to see in the near future?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking of a sort of 3D printer where you could buy anything and have it instantly come to you but I don't know how they would implement that. Plus I guess it would put shipping companies out of business.
    More practically I know they sell remote controls for your desktop computer but I wish they would sell them for cheaper.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Besides what you guys already mentioned, I'm seeing more and more storage capacity for SSD and a significant price drop. That's my overall assumption of the next big thing in technology.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My 2 phone's PIN code and security code have been bypassed when it was unattended, and those are not even Android phones. I read that there really are security issues when it comes to bypassing phone and keypad locks, whether it's a dumb phone or smart phone, so I guess before they churn out new devices, they should make sure that there are no loopholes in it.