What's the price of the iPhone 6?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by daimashin • Sep 16, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I think I saw that it's got two versions but I didn't quite notice the prices. What's the launch price, entry price point, and the difference between the variants?

I'm not the kind that jumps on new gadgets but the phone I'm using is wearing out so if I were to get a new phone, I may as well get the new iPhone.

2. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:

The iPhone 6 starts at $749, while the 6+ begins at $849. You'll be able to pay significantly less up front of course if you sign a contract or do an upgrade, but you'll be able to keep in mind that's the retail price.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Overpriced I'm sure. The price on the site says $750 for the 6 and $800 for the 6+. Now seeing that the features on the phone is from 3 years ago I think the price is relaly pushing it. But what the hell it's Apple everything is overpriced.

4. oolong

oolongNew Member

Threads:
    The price is expensive if bought out of contract.

If bought with a 2-yr contract the price for the iphone 6 is around:
    iPhone 6 16 GB = $199 (iphone 6 plus $299)
    iphone 6 64 GB = $299 (iphone 6 plus $399)
    iphone 6 128 GB = $399 (iphone 6 plus $499)

The only thing I see for getting the plus is the bigger screen, the resolution of that screen (which I think is 1080p) and the improved batter life which is better then the iphone 6 4.7".

The con for the iphone 6 plus if the extra $100 price tag.

#4Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    My God, even if I had the money I don't think I will purchase one. It seems really impractical now, I mean with all the phones that are far better than the iPhone with half the price to offer, I don't see a point in purchasing an iPhone anymore other than the reason that it's an iPhone. After I switched to my Galaxy S4 I realized that I'm not going to go back.

6. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    Most new smartphones are approximately the same price when they are first launched. It's not like you're going to get the newest Samsung the day of launch for a great deal less, but the nice thing is that you'll likely be getting more advanced hardware. I don't think $199 for a 16GB iPhone is a terrible price, if you're into that sort of thing.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now that it's well publicized that the iPhone 6 bends under pressure while just being inside your pocket, I guess that high price tag is so not worth it at all. I heard that they are giving refunds though for those that pass their "visual mechanical inspection" test. But still, the quality of materials do not match it's price tag, But then again it's a "designer brand" of phone anyway. So it's bound to be overpriced.