What's the worst gadget/electronic you've ever bought?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by dieselfit • Jan 21, 2014.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I know the market is filled with gadgets and electronics. Being in 2014, we should expect a wide variety of them. With the smart watches coming out, we're filled with choices for everything. A lot of these gadgets are useless and should be avoided. Maybe some of you have bought some in the past and found them extremely useless afterwards. I can't think of any experiences myself but only because I have only bought laptops and phones, not really gadgets. What about you guys?

2. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a carkit when I was driving a lot for work. Now I don't have to drive anymore and the only use for the carkit is to stream music from my phone.
    Actually, now I think of it, the battery is still charged to 50% and I have only charged it half a year ago. Is that a good indication of how much I used it?

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a defective gadget yet, since I only buy popular name brands, but I would advise people to stay away from earphones that are not name brands because even if they are cheap, they will get broken easily.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I once asked my parents for an iPod Nano and they gave me a Samsung MP3 player instead. At the time, none of the technology was standard yet, so I think Samsung was still finding their niche and I guess having bought their product at the time, I subsequently became one of their testers. That said, that particular product was pretty awful and it gave out with just a few months of use, eventually making it just a high priced paperweight, and I haven't forgiven them for that until this day (Samsung, not my parents :) ). I haven't bought another Samsung product ever since then.

5. jriley

jrileyNew Member

Threads:
    Memeorex wireless keyboard and mouse. Biggest POS ever haha!

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a no name usb flash as i was in a situation where i needed something immediately. I plugged it into my laptop and nothing came on. I was in one of those situations where is could not exactly turn around and get a replacement, but yeah for me that was a true waste of money and i was not pleased one bit.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I got suckered into buying those Palm PDA's back in the late 1990's/early 2000's. There was something about the touch screens on them that fascinated me for some reason, but I almost never used them after I bought them. I would just carry them around with me, along with my clunky cell phone and my even clunkier pager. I looked ridiculous walking around the mall with all this crap hanging off my belt.

In the mid 2000's I got suckered into buying a Bluetooth earpiece to go along with my phone. Actually I think I bough two of them before I finally gave up on those too. They were more of a pain in the butt to get synced up with your phone than just answering the damn phone, they defeated their purpose when driving. Plus it was one more stupid thing to charge up and you looked like a psychopath walking around talking to yourself when you used them.

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    My very first cellphone which was the Innokom 90 made by a Korean company. The thing didn't even have bluetooth and infrared when I bought it. The phone had no customisable ringtone at all, and broke in less than a year. The worst part was, the company went broke so I couldn't get any warranty claimed.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to say the worst gadget I bought is the laptop I'm currently using, the shop I bought it from completely tucked me up. They told me it had Windows 7, but they didn't tell me it was a 30 day trial, so I had to buy my own OS. After a couple of months something went wrong and I took it to a local repair shop who told me that MOST of the components inside the laptop had screws missing so they were not being held down properly.

The last time I buy a refurbished laptop from a computer shop.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I quite recently bought a speaker/radio which can also connect to my phone by AUX/Bluetooth. The Bluetooth is rubbish and drops connection all the time + the speaker quality is just crap.

11. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    The worst electronic device that i have ever purchased would have to be the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is an awful device. Microsoft tries to nickel, and dime their customers out of every cent they have. I don't even know why i purchased one in the first place. Simply because it is so inferior to it's main competitor. The PlayStation . The PlayStation 3 is a better device in every category.

12. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I once got a really cheap mp3 player and I couldn't even put music on it. I was very mad because it was my Christmas present.

13. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    I bought a really crappy webcam from RadioShack once. It was like $20, it only supported 640x480 and it was like 9 frames-per-second. I don't remember what company it was from, it even might have been a RadioShack branded webcam. But it was a waste of $20 and I should have probably just gave in and bought a more expensive webcam that isn't exactly horrible.