What's your favorite book genre?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by katlynelyse • Aug 3, 2012.

1. katlynelyse

katlynelyseNew Member

Threads:
    I'm curious as to what everyone else prefers to read or finds themselves reading the most. I myself prefer fantasy or dystopian novels, although I will read pretty much anything I find myself reading those the most.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of how done it. I read James Patterson, David Bellucci and the like. I look at mystery shows on tv and like to figure out who did the crime before the show is over.

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I love reading psychological thrillers, especially those that probe into the dark recesses of the human mind.

4. Spongecake

SpongecakeNew Member

Threads:
    For some reason I can't stop reading young adult novels. Many have a negative connotation surrounding them after Twilight came out, but a suprisingly large amount of them have a great deal of depth. It's also nice because since "young adult" is their primary genre, they can come in a variety of subgenres.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I love to read. I read almost every day something different. Anyway, I have my favorite genres. I like classical literature, regardless of gender. I also enjoy books of science fiction and fantasy. The history books also are attractive to me.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love a good sci-fi novel. That's my favorite genre. I can also get engrossed in a really good mystery too. A mystery sci-fi novel is the best. ;)

7. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I love true crime and mystery. Anything by Ann Rule, Patricia Cornwell and Lisa Gardner is more than welcome on my bookshelf and I have read almost everything of theirs; I read them more than once. I used to like James Patterson until he started using a ghostwriter...

8. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    My vote goes to the thriller genre too. I like books that I can't put down easily, that grip me. Recent ones that ticked those boxes for me were Into the Darkest Corner and Before I Go To Sleep by Elizabeth Haynes and S J Watson, respectively... both UK-based writers.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I like mystery and crime thrillers, although if the book has a good story and is well written, I'll give pretty much anything a go. I always have a book by my bedside table - I can't sleep unless I read for an hour or so. I ring the changes with historical fiction, or family sagas set in the early 20th century. I like a sense of humour to run through what I'm reading as well.

10. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love most genres. It generally depends on my mood what I reach for. This means that I read more than one book at a time. I love stuff that is escapism and connects with me. Fantasy, science fiction, thrillers, horrors, etc...Books are awesome. (-:

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer reading books that relate to real life, which I can learn from them. My favorite book genre is Contemporary because I want to read something that's similar to the life I live. I sometimes like Romance if I can find some good stories.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I now read new age and self help books most of the time, but when I was younger, I was into fiction books like Goosebumps and Sweet Valley.

13. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I read anything I can pretty much get my hands on. I like both fiction and non-fiction. One of the last books I read was about the bubonic plague, and how it became an epidemic in California in the early 1900's. Before that, I was reading Breaking Dawn again because I was bored. I've been meaning to read that Fifty Shades of Grey book, but I've heard it very filthy. That isn't necessarily a deterrent, but I've heard that some of the sexual acts are..questionable.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like crime/suspense thriller genres like the books of Dan Brown and fantasy novels like Harry Potter. I also like horror books. I loved reading Goosebumps by R.L. Stine as a kid and moved on to Stephen King and other gory writers.

Recently though, I've been enjoying reading books that teach me how to increase my website traffic. :D

15. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about the Sweet Valley. I like the Goosebumps series. It reminds me of the old days when I used to read every single one of Goosebumps book.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    While I look all sorts of books and there are a bunch of authors who I appreciate across all genres, there is something about fantasy fiction which resonates with me like nothing else does. Be it the grim world of GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire or the swashbuckling adventures of writers like Robert E Howard and Fritz Leiber or fantasy royalty like JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, I like them all.

17. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I love two types, historical fiction and military espionage. For my historical fiction needs I turn to Ken Follet. I am currently reading Winter of the World, part two of his Century Trilogy. I have read many of his books and love his descriptive storytelling and multiple layered viewpoints.
    For military espionage I love Vince Flynn books. His main character, Mitch Rapp, is awesome! Flynn books are fast paced and have twist that make your heart jump into your throat.

18. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment I have developed a taste for professional wrestler autobiographies, I've read all of Mick Foley's (the first one is awesome) and I'm about to read one by Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan. :)

19. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I love to read paranormal romance novels. I have always been into vampires, werewolves, elves, fairies, etc. I like to read lots of different genres, but I always come back to the romance. I have recently been reading erotic romances from.an e-book website and I love those books as well.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spent most of my life reading fiction: horrors, paranormal etc... but now I guess I mainly find myself reading about history and science. I like reality and truth far more than fantasy these days.