What's your favorite dog breed?

Discussion in Pets started by eagle22 • Apr 16, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    For someone who has a family of young children, what would the best dog breed be? I am looking for answers other than labs and retrievers, I know they are great with family! I am just trying to expand our options :)

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to have a Cocker Spaniel dog before, and aside from their long ears that can be quite a hassle when they are eating and drinking, they can be good family dogs. They don't seem to be rough and aggressive like the other dogs.

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite dog breed has to be Australian Shepard or Golden retriever.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cavalier King Charles spaniel! Obviously I'm biased, but my puppy is a Cavalier and I honestly never had such a sweet, friendly and all around kind and caring dog. He loves everyone - from kids to elderly, from other dogs to cats. He is just a lovely dog!!
    I also love Malteses, Golden Retrievers, Labs, Beagles and Schnauzers.

5. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    The Shiba Inu is definitely my favorite dog breed. They are just so beautiful and a very loving, good tempered dog. I haven't seen too many of them in the states, but they were everywhere in Japan! Which I guess is logical...being a Japanese breed....

6. nugluc47

nugluc47New Member

Threads:
    Now it all depend on what you are looking for in behavior. Protection for the kids? Playful, smart and easy to train? Will he or she fit into your life style? German Shepherd for smartness, trainability and protectiveness. Playfulness a smaller breed like a Boston terrier.

And remember they need exercise everyday or any breed of dog can develop bad habits. Good luck

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't worry too much about the breed, but take my family to the local dog pound and see who is putting up his paws for adoption. Usually it doesn't take long to decide who is coming home with you. Although, it must be mentioned, that a lot of those animals have been traumatised in some way and might need a little time to adjust to their new family and home. But in my experience that doesn't take long at all if the dog is still young or even a puppy. Good luck with your choice. :)