What's your favorite ethnic food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by brittanyt28 • Jun 12, 2013.

1. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    My favorite "ethnic" food is Mexican. I love it. My local "la Potosina" is so delicious. They also have the white cheese that I adore with their homemade tortilla chips. I'm also from the USA, and I think our food is the most boring but still good. What's your favorite thing to eat that's not originally from your area?:cool:

2. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    Cajun Gumbo. That alone is reason enough to plan a vacation to New Orleans. Just the thought of it puts a smile on my face.

3. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I love gyoza (potstickers). The Chinese eat a lot of them (even for breakfast) and I can see why! I buy the frozen ones at my local Asian grocery store and also we make our own now.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a sucker for Chinese food. Plus I can never really seem to make it as good as the takeout places do. They're usually a pretty good bargain as well. If I buy a dinner for like $8-$9, I can usually get at least three meals out of it since they pack so much into the containers. Even a simple pint of fried rice will yield about three or four heaping plates of food.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thai! Yummmm. Otherwise, I love something from pretty much all of them lol, I'm obsessed with food.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love Indian food. Spicy Indian food. I cook all kinds of food but I love spicy Indian food.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am also very weak when it comes to Chinese food.
    I absolutely adore their sweet and sour chicken and steamed and grilled vegetables.
    I really feel like I could eat at a Chinese buffet every single day and never get sick of it.
    The food is also very healthy considering the portion size.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not really have a preference, but my favourite thing to do is visit a market near me on a Sunday afternoon because part of the market is devoted to stalls cookingg foods from all over the world and you sit on the kerb by the side of the road and eat. I always try not to have food from the same country in a month. :)

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm from the usa but I love Mexican food I am half Mexican and half white so I have the best of both worlds there is some American food I like but I much rather have Mexican food especially if it's homemade.

10. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I'm a total fan of Japanese cuisine. I love the fresh flavors and all that seafood! My favorite dish is donburi with prawn tempura - what the Japanese call "tempuradon" or "tendon". It's crispy batter-fried shrimp served on top of a bowl of steaming rice and drenched in a sweet and savory, dark sauce.

11. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I really like a lot of Japanese food - that said, I dislike seafood, so I don't like most of the sushi which is what you see in other countries as Japanese food.

12. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I like most food in general but Indian food is my weakness. Warm,soft and fluffy butter naans dipped in chicken korma or chicken tikka masala is amazing!!! I love chicken biryani and lamb curry and tandoori chicken. I am drooling just thinking about it. Indian food is my default comfort food definitely.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Probably Chinese food. Chinese restaurants usually have a lot of things that are spicy, and that's how I developed my love for spiciness.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's hard to pick my favourite ethnic food because I love so many different types of ethnic food. I eat ethnic food from other countries more than European food.

My favourite would probably be Thai cuisine, I absolutely love Thai cooking, the fragrant stir fries and coconut curries.

15. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I love filipino foods, my favorite "before becoming vegetarian" is lumpia. I have never seen a filipino restaurant, I have had diner with friends and enjoyed it. I tried to make lumpia tons of times .. They usually look more like eggrolls.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    This one is difficult for me; once upon a time I might have said Mexican, but that was before my culinary horizons expanded beyond the basic "American," Mexican, and Chinese. Of course, the former isn't really a style of cuisine, but the latter two is the extent of what ethnic cuisine means to most Americans. I like and consume a lot of Asian food, particularly Thai, Japanese, and Vietnamese, and I especially like Indian food, I could eat it daily. I also like African food...

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have so many ethic foods that I love....probably Thai or Cuban are my top right now. But hard not to love Italian, Japanese, etc.