What's your favorite make up foundation?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by jleadbet • Aug 27, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for a new foundation. I need something with good coverage. I have some old acne scars. I used Cover Girl for years, but as I've gotten older, it doesn't seem to get the job done. Do you think drug store brands are as good as what you buy in a department store?

2. bridawn

bridawnNew Member

Threads:
    I used to only use drug store brand products and I was a long time used of Covergirl as well. Then my girlfriend introduced me to Mac Cosmetics, and I fell in love with their products. I'll admit that some are bit to heavy for me but after some trial and error, I found my fit! I actually don't use foundation anymore; instead, I use concealer for under my eyes and for blemishes, and then I use Mac's mineralize powder as my "foundation". It covers great, is nice and light, and gives my face a nice natural sheen rather than leaving it completely matte.

I do think that drug store brands can be as good as some higher end items, but it can be harder to find your right match. I love that I can go into Mac and actually sample each color and type of foundation (or other products) and find my exact fit. Something I could never do with the Covergirl stuff.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Believe it or not, I like Elf foundation. It is actually a little thick for me, so I just mix it with a little of my moisturizer, and it goes on smooth and natural looking. I've used many foundations over the years with limited results that I was happy with, so I was happily surprised that this one worked so well.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like Revlon Colorstay foundation. I have oily skin and always have problems with my makeup rubbing off on my clothes. I found this foundation to work well for all day wear. I usually buy at a discount beauty store because it's pricey normally.

5. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    I tried the new Urban Decay NAKED foundation. It's wonderful, so lightweight and feels fresh on your skin (I hate heavy foundations). It's pricier than most drugstore/department store brands - but my philosophy is, it's your skin - you need to invest in it.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I like Urban Decay cosmetics. I use drugs store brands all the time and to be honest they work just as good as the pricey stuff. Just use some moisturizer first.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My all time favorite is Smashbox's Healthy FX foundation. It covers great and is amazing in pictures! Some people say it doesn't fit their skin tone, so I would recommend trying it out first in Sephora or somewhere like that. For drugstore foundation I like Almay. I've tried their Line Smoothing foundation (with the blue lid) and their Nearly Naked foundation (it looks the same but with a purple lid). The line smoothing one I like better because it's a little thicker and covers better.

8. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Clarins foundation (I think it is the everlasting range) which I am very happy with. It is light but gives enough coverage to hide all the little imperfections.