What's your favorite shade?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 26, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    i looked at my closet today, and I noticed that most of my clothes are blue and black. I don't know why, but I just have more of these. One of the reasons I guess is because blue complements my skin tone very well, while black makes me look thinner. I am now trying to buy more clothes that are of different shades/colors because I need them for work. What is your favorite color when it comes to clothes?

2. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the my clothes are of darker colours like black, dark blue, dark green, beige(jackets and raincoats, shorts) some military pants, some black pants, some jeans. Just a general mixture of various colours I guess but generally darker shades because I myself am not a very jovial and youngish person, in public at least I don't want that kind of impression, and its just not me whatever the scenario.

3. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Purple. At least half or more of my clothes are purples. I am purposely trying to buy more not-purple clothes - blue and green and red and pink mostly. Orange and yellow look hideous on me. I don't like wearing black because it is so boring, at least I think so. Still, some purple clothes are bound to sneak their way in regardless. So many shades, from the lightest violet to the darkest eggplant, and soooo pretty. I even painted my living room purple.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my wardrobe is black, not really sure how that happened. Once I realized that navy or charcoal grey was stepping out of my comfort zone I decided to add some color to my wardrobe. In the fall and winter months I like to wear rich jewel tones such as sapphire and emerald and I also like wearing plum. In the warmer months I am obsessed with neons.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I looked at my closet and I mostly have blacks and browns. I guess I like to stick to the more neutral colors. It just matches everything plus it's kind of like my personality. I've never been one for bright flashy colors because it brings attention to people and i don't necessarily like that. I wear a lot of jeans as well so I guess I have a lot of blue as well. :)

Danyel

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have quite a lot of black in my wardrobe as well. It seems like black and teal shades of blue are my most common ones, but I have a fair amount of purple too. I'm trying to diversity mine a bit as well, though I doubt I'll ever have a closet full of yellows and whites ;).

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My clothes tend to be all shades of red, purple and turquoise. Lately, I felt like buying white tops for some reason, and have noticed that I am having a different effect on people. I work in a school, and several of my students commented on how "different" and fresh I look. So, I guess white suits me. I have never worn much white before. It's completely new to me. And so far, I like it. :)

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always chosen black and chocolate shades as they are versatile and match all my other items and my coloring. Occasionally I will buy an item in the right shade of red or purple, but I don't wear them as much. Black is easier to wear and is easier to keep, the few items I have in cream and beige always look worn and I have to make sure they don't get any stains or marks on them. Creases show up more easily as well than on black, so you can get away with more with darker colors.