What's Your Favorite Sitcom Of All Time?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 10, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm tempted to say Seinfeld, but I'm sure I've watched a lot of other great but less popular sitcoms that I've just forgotten now. I used to watch a lot of these back in the day, so I have a good number of them probably just buried within My Memory. One of the more obscure ones that is at the top of my list though, is Just Shoot Me. It's about a fashion magazine office and the people that work there. Like many sitcoms, it is not really that much different or unique from the others, but the cast and writers made it so. I'm looking forward to re-watching them when I get a box set when I'm older and have more time to watch TV. I just hope they are still available by then.

Which sitcoms do you love?

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmh... So many sitcoms... I don't think I can remember all the ones I've loved. But here are a few from the top of mind: Roswell, Sex in the City and Gossip Girl. I'm really loving Scandal right now. It has action, forbidden romance, intelligent conversation, political intrigue, and best yet, a strong female character. Olivia Pope aka Kerry Washington rocks! I can't for the next episode. I have a feeling the season finale is going to be crazy. Woohoo! :D

3. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite sitcom of all time used to be a traditional oldie: Fresh Prince of Bel-air... but now that times have changed, and we are in year 2013, I've really grown to love The Big Bang Theory. If you haven't watched this show, you're missing out!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You're right, that show is pretty good. I've seen a lot of comments online that indicate some hate towards it, and I do get it since the show is a bit exaggerated, but then again, what sitcom isn't? I don't watch the show that much anymore, though, just because my tastes have changed, but I watched a recent episode and I have to say that it's still relatively well written and still very smart unlike most other shows that seem too "phoned in". I also liked Fresh Prince back then, but I didn't watch too many episodes of that either.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    My wife and kids has got to be the best sitcom of all times. I feel as if i have grown up on that kind of humour and i absolutely love it. I think that it is really amazing and the characters was absolutely great and there was a lot in the sitcom that i found that i could really get down and relate to.

6. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    Definitely Friends. I remember waking up early just so I could watch re-runs of their older episodes when I was young, and marathon-ing through the show when I grew older and got my hands on the whole thing!

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't normally watch sitcom because I'm not much into comedy shows. I would say "Good Luck Charlie" is one of my favorite sitcoms because it is not only a funny show, but it is also family-oriented. It is made by Disney, which is the reason I like watching the show.

8. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Does South Park count as a sitcom? If it does, then that's my vote. Its been on for more than a decade and is still great. Arrested Development would be my second vote. If you have Netflix and haven't watched Arrested Development, you are screwing up.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite sitcom would easily have to be Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. I started watching it at the beginning and have seen every episode plenty of times but I never tire of the reruns. It's one of the few shows where I could enjoy every episode. However, through getting older I have realized that Sabrina can get annoying at times so I love other characters more than the main one.