What's Your Life Mantra?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wameyo • Jun 14, 2015.

1. wameyo

wameyoNew Member

Threads:
    Almost every successful person has some life mantra that he lives by. something that motivates you to keep aiming for the skies. Mine's is: if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. What's yours?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have a Mantra, "What God Has For You No One Can Take From You", also "This To Shall Pass", is a good one. It does help to have these takes in your head when you are in a place where you need something to think about besides the problems or challenges you face sometimes.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is “Leave things nicer than you found them.” I’ve come to terms with the fact that I may not achieve something world-changing, the way I wanted to when I was younger. (Not that I don’t try to better myself, it just happens on a much smaller scale than before.) So to know that I try to leave positive impacts on others and their lives is enough for me.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have several; treat everyone how you wish to be treated yourself and never look down on others (unless you helping them up) because we are all equal. I am a big believer of if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it in your head, you don't need the world to know everything you think especially when it can offend. Why offend people unnecessarily when no ne asked for your opinion?

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too like Theo have a few, including one of my favourites, as Theo so well put it:

"treat everyone how you wish to be treated yourself and never look down on others (unless you helping them up) because we are all equal"

I also look at the company I keep and hate people who look down on others. I think it says a lot about a person.

I really like Pat's too, and I'm going to steal it LOL "What God Has For You No One Can Take From You", sounds like a good pick-me-up one. Thanks for that one, Pat :)

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have so many, but "choose happy" covers pretty much everything. It affects how you treat yourself, how you treat others, how you treat the moment, how you react to change and negativity.. everything. It's the single most important thing I (or anyone else) could ever tell myself. Choosing happy changed my life and still does every day :)

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really follow mantras for myself. It's funny I have a lot of quote backgrounds on my phone but the positive ones are always only true for someone else especially lately. One I think I actually have been able to follow pretty well though is "the mind is like a parachute it doesn't work unless it's open" It might seem like I don't to some people because I tend to be stubborn and I'm highly opinionated but I always strive to keep an open mind. I just do my best.

8. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    Life may be tough, but I've got a God that's tougher.

As someone who's had a pretty hard time of it, since taking that stance I find things much easier :)

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Live each day as if it were your last! I love this motto as I try to be the best that I can be each day not only for myself but also for my family. So laugh harder, love deeper and eat better because you never know if this is your last day on earth!

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    My Life Manta is: 'Don't take life seriously, we're all going to die.' I don't know if you find it morbid but it helps me ease up when I'm all stressed out, it really does help me. :p