What's your opinion on Wegmans?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by luigi • Jul 9, 2014.

1. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love shopping at Wegmans, even though they can be a bit pricey.

I am a huge fan of their international food section. I go for the Asian stuff more than anything, but I like having the option of buying something from other countries. My English friend who moved to the US from Bristol said that she finds a lot of her homeland's food in their section as well.

Not only is their food good, they also have great customer service and a great membership program. The employees are generally very nice and helpful, and they look like they are happy to be working (something that is hard to find in another grocery store around here). I have been part of their membership program for a few months now, and I have zero complaints.

What's your opinion on Wegmans?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Wegman's, the food on the bar is good and the variety is good. I like that the stores are clean and large and a section to eat and work on your computer if you like.

On Friday I stroll the store to get all the samples the give you to try while shopping. Wegman's is fairly new to our area.

3. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    You'll find yourself shopping in there a lot then!

I haven't went to my store when they were giving away samples. What kind of samples were they offering on Friday when you were there?

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wegman's is pretty cool for a grocery store. The only thing is I'm not sure if they have the chicken wings I ate at the food bar anymore. They used to have southern fried and old bay seasoning and every time I look there anymore they don't have it. I still get the fried rice though and they are the only place where I can get the goat's milk that I like.

5. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I wish there was a Wegmans near me in Massachusetts. When we visit family in Pennsylvania, it is the only place we shop. It has some of the best prepared foods I've seen in any food store, both in variety as well as quality. The other major plus is the selection of organic food. We can find just about anything we might buy at a Whole foods at Wegmans, which incidently, is usually just a little bit cheaper. Couple that with an excellent deli, their "Ham off the Bone" is incredibly good, and I wouldn't shop anywhere else if I had that choice.