When Can I Get Back To Training With Iron Deficiency Anemia?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Cariad • Mar 30, 2014.

1. Cariad

CariadNew Member

Threads:
    My HB level was 9.3 two weeks ago and I was placed on iron therapy with instructions to take the full 3 x 200mg ferrous sulfate tablets per day. I have been taking these with an effervescent vitamin C tablet to help absorb the iron.

I usually go to the gym 3 times a week and do Spinning and Circuit training 1 day, Spinning and 50/50 boxercise/circuits on day 2 and then on day 3 I do Boxercise and Spinning. I have taken the last two weeks off and am wanting to get back on it.

My HB being 9.3 left me feeling extremely dizzy, confused and my recovery was awful. Do you think it is safe to go back and what would you recommend I do if I do go back?

My membership isn't expensive but all the time I'm not using it, I feel I'm wasting the £20 a month membership fee.

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I would not encourage any strenuous activity until you and your doctors get your levels figured out and back on track. Being dizzy while being active can do more harm than good. You need to seek your doctor and see what they suggest.