When Did You Buy Your First Hd Television?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • Feb 9, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When did you buy your first HD television? High definition televisions have changed so much over the past few years. New features are always being added. Now we are looking at the Smart TV, remotely controlled by our phones programming, 3D HD. Along with all of these new features of course brings increased prices. So now that all of these advanced televisions are available, are your thoughts on upgrading your present TV to a newer model?

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    My first HD television (32-inch Sony) was given to me as a gift by my loving sister last Christmas :). We actually don't watch a lot of television anymore ever since all of us in the family have our own PC/laptop/tablet. So we really didn't bother to replace our old 10-year old television anymore. At the moment we are more concern of upgrading our internet service for faster connectivity/downloads/video streaming. :D

3. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    My first HDTV - 26' Sanyp - was bought after my 19' SDTV completely went caput.
    I have had this TV for 3 or 4 years now I forget which one.
    I'm fine with my TV since I don't watch much TV other than wrestling and Law & Order: SVU
    I mainly use it with my Roku so I can stream music, watch youtube, & watch netflix
    So I would much rather get better internet first and then upgrade my TV if I ever decide to.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I bought my first HDTV several years ago. It was a good TV, 42'' Sylvania, beautiful picture, but it developed some type of glitch in it that caused it to not come on for days in a row. After awhile, it basically came on when it wanted to.
    I had only had it for about 2 years. I gave it to a man that helped me and my son move awhile back. The guy said he knew a guy that could fix the TV, so I gave it to him as part of his pay for the move.

These days I have a 32" LG. Good TV, I've had it about 2 years, or so, it's in my living room, but I wouldn't mind putting it in my bedroom, and getting an upgrade for my living room.

I watch a lot of house tours on YouTube, and I saw a TV on one of the tours that had all kinds of technological stuff going on that I had no clue about, but want to know about. So, like I said, I wouldn't mind an upgrade, however, I'm satisfied with what I have now and won't be mad if I don't upgrade for awhile.

5. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I got a Sony a few years ago and I still have it this day. I would love to get a LED one soon but for the moment, I see no point in doing so. I would love to see the better colors and improvements that come with a smart TV. But for the moment, my old LCD cuts it.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't! :p
    I have no use for a TV, so I never really bought an HD one. I have my old CRT in case I ever want to play some of my old consoles again (some games on Gamecube aren't too great on a non-CRT TV), but that's it.

7. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    We bought our first HD television in November 2006, just in time for the LOST Season 3 broadcast in the UK, it was certainly worth it and I'm glad we got it before Christmas as was originally planned :D

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried a LED Tv here? Is it better than a LCD one when it comes to durability? What about the 3d ones? I can't decide what toy should I buy next. I have been going with Samsung LED for a while but not strongly considering a 3D one. Is it worth it?

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    In 2016 I guess. I still haven't purchased one unless you count computer monitors but a TV, no. I just don't find it practical for me chip in a fortune for something that I would probably not use that much. Maybe if I still have my Xbox 360 I would.

10. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I do not have a television in my apartment. I was not even able to look at an HDTV until I am a man! I have no real use for a TV here.

Anyway, my mom still kept our old CRT televisions in use until it broke. Mom wanted a better TV before, but she waited until the old ones broke. So, it is only this month that we actually have an HDTV at home.

11. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I just got one last week actually, it's my first one. It's a 32 inch Samsung TV and to be honest with you, although it does look really good and crisp I can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed by how much I paid for it.

12. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    I bought my first HDTV in 2012. It was an LG 50 inch 3D plasma smart TV. I'm still using it as my main TV today. I decided to go with a plasma since I watch a lot of sports and action movies. There is no motion blur with a plasma. I still have two old school TV's, just waiting for them to give out.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I brought my first HD television around five years ago. I do not think the price as less as it is now. It was quite costly during those days.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I bought my first one at a mall and that was very long ago so it was still very expensive at the time. The size I got is already half price by now and of course probably much more efficient and has a lot more features as well as having a better screen for a lower price. Though, it's unto all bad since the old one was still very sturdy and it is still being used until now.