When did you last eat eggs?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Evelyn Freshsmith • Oct 13, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday morning, but it's funny you should ask this considering what happened this morning. I have eggs every day for breakfast, but this morning when I got up, I realized we only had two eggs left - so I scrambled them. As they were cooking, I accidentally bumped the pan with my elbow and knocked it on the floor, spilling my eggs all over the floor too. I quickly scooped them up and for a while was contemplating if they would still be safe to eat. Then I had to consider the fact that we have three cats in our house, so there are likely cat hairs in those eggs, so I begrudgingly threw them out.

I know a lot of people cite cheese as their downfall when attempting to go Vegan, but as much as I love cheese, I think I may love eggs even more.

2. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    Eggs are one of my favorite foods. I cook a lot and use them in everything from tuna to potato salad. I love them scrambled with cheese on weekends. I have heard all the bad things about eggs but I don't have cholestrol problems yet so I will take another look and make a different decision when I do.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL. I have never spoken to someone who likes and enjoy eggs with such a passion lol. For me personally, eggs can be a little bit sickly. I cannot eat them regularly. In fact, I heard that there was supposed to be certain amount of eggs that you can healthily eat a day, but I have forgotten the number now.

Anywho, when I scramble eggs, I usually much up banana with the raw egg, and scramble it all. Or I will put honey into the eggs and scramble it, adding salt afterwards. It tastes like absolute heaven. But I was out of both honey and bananas at the time, and so I just added cheese to my scrambled eggs and pineapple jam. Then I later discovered that it was already a thing, called Hawaiian scrambled eggs.

4. NatetheGrate

NatetheGrateNew Member

Threads:
    I like eggs but try not to eat any that come from factory farms, where the chickens are basically tortured. We can buy free-range chicken eggs that come from chickens who get to live pretty normal lives, so why not? Also, I've raised birds and they don't seem to care much about their eggs, so I don't feel bad about eating them.

5. NatetheGrate

NatetheGrateNew Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I forgot to answer the question! Yesterday, I cooked up and ate two fried eggs yesterday, and boy, were they good!

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ate them this morning. Apparently they're one of the few things a GERD sufferer can safely eat and they don't taste too bad. I don't always get up in enough time to eat them, though sometimes I eat breakfast for dinner at Denny's.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    A week ago, I think. But I don't think that egg is something one should be avoided. It is very healthy. Its white is the only one I know that is full of protein. It's just that it's yellow will give you cholesterol more than what you need which will eventually turn out detrimental to your health. What I do to address this is I avoid eating its yolk. If what bothers you for eating an egg is its yolk, then you could just avoid it as much as I do. Besides that the egg protein is beneficial to our body, it is also delicious if you couple it with other delicious toppings or dips.

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I eat eggs for breakfast every 2-3 days or so. I sautee some veggies and mix it all together. Lots of times I'll add some hot sauce. I like eggs because they're quick and easy in the mornings when I want something hot. If I don't eat eggs I usually eat some granola. I need something light in the mornings to get going.

9. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't eaten eggs in about 20 years and I don't miss them at all. I don't really know what they even taste like anymore, but I know that I did not have a problem giving them up at all. Eggs are popular here, but I do not eat them.

10. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I eat eggs because they are a cheap source of protein. They are also versatile for baking. I make a lot of French toast. You would never imagine that eggs would taste good with cinnamon and a splash of orange juice, but that is exactly what I put in my batter, and it is delicious.

11. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I consume eggs very often on a weekly basis, because it contains the protein and low carb offer that I need. Specifically, the last time I ate eggs was on Thursday. I had a hard boiled egg diced with a hot dog salad mix up. Tasted pretty good to say the least. Tomorrow I'll be having it again for breakfast, but I'll probably fry it this time around.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Funny that you should ask about eggs in particular, I just finished some tasty hard boiled eggs a few minutes ago. I'm a big fan of eggs in all kinds of different preparations, great way to grab some extra protein in your day.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I eat eggs pretty regularly as its a really easy breakfast to whip up and very healthy for you. It's also very filling, especially if you combo it with some sort of potatoes that will hold you over until Lunch.

I'd like to experiment with different ways to cook and eat eggs other than just scrambled, but I just never have really found the time to do so.

14. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder why you quit eating eggs? I'm assuming you either stopped for health purposes or you just had a drastic change in your overall diet. For me, I don't usually eat them that often, but I do love them over easy when I do decide to eat them. I only eat eggs on the weekends because of my work schedule. The last time to be exact was last Saturday when I treated myself to huge breakfast. Eggs are in ht meat group so, I see nothing wrong with a little protein. As far as boiled eggs, I tend to stay away from them unless on a salad.

15. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have to hit gym at least 4 times a week, so having eggs is indispensable for me. The last time I ate eggs was a few hours ago.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I ate eggs was just last month, when I was home alone. Eggs are only eaten over here when there's no other food left to cook, lol.