When Is The Best Time To Buy Christmas Decorations?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Denis Hard • Jul 7, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those of you who buy Christmas decorations each year when do you think is the best time to buy the decorations. Normally towards Christmas you'll see some "special offers" and while they might be good deals would they be better than the previous year's when you factor in inflation?

Since the decorations will cost slightly more would it be better to buy Christmas decorations at the beginning of the year when they're clearing out all the stuff that won't be bought?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy at the post holiday sales. I pick up decorations for a fraction of the cost, once each holiday is over. If they are last year's colors, I can adapt them. Of course, red, white, green, silver and gold will all work any year, but if there's a special color scheme and I happen to like it, I don't mind doing some changing or painting to update them if needed. I've literally bought decorations for pennies on the dollar. Can't beat that.

3. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I like to DIY so I'll make my own once in a while if I want a specific theme I know will be too expensive or I just won't find. If I AM going to buy I may buy coordinating ball ornaments during or pre-Xmas, but anything else I'll get after Xmas is over (and that kind of takes forever around here). LOL

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I liked to do my own decorations until I ran out time to devote to crafts making, but I used to always save money to buy Christmas decorations after the season is over.

However since two years ago, I'm not spending time or money to get Christmas decorations because I discovered that going to the neighborhoods where the rich and famous live, it's easy to get fine decorations almost new and totally free!

They use to take them out and leave them in boxes outside their homes with a note that says "Take it, is yours. We wish you a happy new year!" or similar goodwill mentions or thoughts.

5. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have always found that the best time to buy Christmas decorations is on Boxing Day. They usually have some great buys and you can get them for up to 90% off. You won't get those deals any other time of year. Target always put on the 50% off Christmas decorations before Christmas which is an awesome deal to. We no longer have a Target so I will miss that because I always picked up some new decorations then. You just have to keep your eyes open and get around to get the best buys. Also, buying online you can find some great deals all year round on Christmas items.

6. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to be able to buy them in post-Christmas sales, but here all the decorations and gifts are generally out of the stores and they're back to "normal" shopping aisles by about the 15th of December. Literally. It's practically impossible to even buy Christmas things after this here. It annoys me to be honest as I'd like to be able to get a few bargains.

I usually end up getting my decorations almost as soon as they're in the shops as they only seem to go up in price as it gets closer to Christmas.