When is the best time to shop for pc stuffs?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by daimashin • Dec 18, 2013.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to remember that there are a certain period of time each year where PC components will drop in price so I was wondering if it's still the case now since it's been ages since I last upgraded my PC.

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Well the massive ones just happened, those being Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There were some fantastic deals this eyar and you could pick up some really good components on the cheap.

The next best will be the January sales where everything will be discounted.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would think the best time to buy pcs will be the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. I often find pcs are actually on sale the day after the Christmas, which most of the stores try to get the older pcs for sale. This is the kind of day I would go shop for computers.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Then it'd be best I go look next Thursday. I hope the stores won't be too crowded with people returning their gifts and all. If I see too many people, I'll wait until January like rossonomus said and see how it goes.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There are always drop in sales after or sometimes during holidays. I would wait until January before shopping around for anything. There are usually some online retailers that run deals to commemorate certain holidays. Therefore, don't rush and just give it time.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop for a PC (and related 'stuff') is in January. Retail shops experience a slump in sales during this month. As a result, they slash prices on store goods and offer excellent deals.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that the computers also have their season to be bought. Well now I know thanks to this forum. I will be watching out for any of those days that people have mentioned in their posts.

8. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best time is right after the new academic year has started. A lot of laptops are left over from the selling spree. So this is the time when most discounts are given.
    Or around holidays but then the specs are already out-dated.

9. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, the best time to buy PC stuff is after Christmas. This is due to the reason that at this time there is a stagnation in demand for these products. And it is at this time when you can score great deals on these products. A lot of online retailers offer a number of huge discounts at this time.

10. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    The best time to shop for electronics would be during Black Friday. that is when all of major retail stores like Best Buy offer the lowest prices of the year on eletronic products. Your going to need good luck with getting in the store on that day though. Those lines wrap around the building.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had no idea that there were special days when the prices of electronic products get cut. But since you mention long lines, I'll have to weigh the options . . . queue up for several hours to save $X or work those hours instead and earn $Y which is more than I could save looking for the deal.

Sometimes it's hard to make some of these choices but guys, thanks for your responses.

12. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    If you have a college e-mail you can use you can find some excellent back to school sales in August and July. If not then you could try finding a deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Newegg has some good sales round year if you are looking for more of components than a full computer.