When the shops offer gifts

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Oct 3, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The supermarket where I usually shop recently started a new campaign where they offer us a spin on the gift wheel for every 20€ of shoppings. I think this is a Neat idea and we can bring stuff like pencil (lol, not a big deal right), but also chocolates, t-shirts and books. I think it's a great idea, do you have this as well where you live?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just need a bit of clarification, Gelsemium. After you shop, you play "a game of chance" in order to win a gift? Or after shopping for the quoted amount of cash, does it mean that you'll get a gift anyway but your luck is what determines exactly what kind of gift you'll get? But what of the prices? Are they slightly higher? Lower? Same as the other stores?
    No we don't have that here but I think if someone was smart enough to try it, shoppers would swarm over.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE IT! No we do not have anything fun and exciting like that. I hate standing in check-out lines just staring at tabloid magazines. I would much rather watch other people winning something fun. They could have a bin of almost expired items that one could choose from. I think its a great idea and I intend to fill out any customer satisfaction cards I see and recommend it. Thanks for sharing!

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    The only things annoying about this is when I leave the supermarket and there is too much people waiting to get these gifts, in those cases I might pass on the offer and just follow my way, but when there is no one I gladly go for the freebies. :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No we don't have that kind of promotion, but over here if you have their "advantage card" then you get to earn points everytime you shop and then when you get enough points you can exchange them for items that they offer as rewards. The points that you get are not much though if you only shop in the grocery or department store.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen any games like that in our area, but it does sound fun. It's a nice way to show customer appreciation. One of our local stores has different promotions, where you save up stamps every time you shop, and then you can use those stamps to purchase things. They offer things pan sets, sets of glasses, dishes, kitchen towel set, and other stuff for around the house. Some of them have been nice. I don't spend extra to get the stamps (which is no doubt the purpose), but I figure if I'm shopping there anyway, I'll get what goodies I can with the stamps I've managed to obtain.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You know, now that you mention it, I thought Trader Joe's used to do something like that in their stores - but apparently they stopped it for some reason. I had only just started shopping there a few years ago when I moved to the Cleveland area - we didn't have any Trader Joe's where I lived previously. And I would see it in the store, but I think I only saw people using it like once or twice, then it was gone. If I remember correctly they also had some bells at the cashier stations that they would ring when certain customers were eligible to spin it. I don't know why they did away with it, perhaps some customers were getting embarrassed or annoyed by it. There are times when I just need to run to the store to grab one thing, and I am dressed all shabby and look like crap - I'm just there to get in and get out asap, I suppose I probably wouldn't appreciate a spectacle at my checkout line and everyone in the store staring at me while I spin some wheel.

Another one of our local grocery stores put a pizza shop in the store where you can stop and have pizza and beers - but the grocery store also started giving out coupons for a free pizza any time you spend more than $75 in their store, which is a great deal.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I have (or had) something similar to that in our H3 burger shop, we got a customer card and after 10 meals we received the 11th for free, but now they ended that and decided that it would work with an app, great for those who have a smarthphone and what about other people?