When Your Child Wants A Toy That Doesn't Exist...

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by BargainBasement • Jul 22, 2015.

1. BargainBasement

BargainBasementNew Member

Threads:
    Has your kid ever asked for a toy that is either rare and crazy expensive or doesn't even exist at all? Mine does it all the time! She's only four, but she's managed to develop rather eccentric tastes.

Her wishlist of hard to find items includes:
    1. An Elphaba doll, from the musical Wicked.
    2. A Barbie-style Madeline doll.
    3. A Nix doll from the movie Tinker Bell and the Neverbeast.

Does anyone have tips on where to look for unusual toys or custom dolls? She wants to play with the dolls, obviously, so I'm trying to avoid collector's editions.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can try specialty toy shops, or you might even consider making some of these toys yourself, if you have the knowledge on how to do that. Typically, your child will be too amazed to notice that you made something rather than buying it in stores, and you can probably save some money going that route. Otherwise, you might have to tell your daughter when a given toy is too expensive, too hard to find, or simply doesn't even exist!

3. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    You can also try and find someone on Etsy to make the dolls for you. They are usually reasonably priced and they are convenient as well. I think that's a really good place to try but if that doesn't work out, maybe you'll just have to explain to her that it's impossible to find.