Where can you purchase inexpensive vitamin supplements?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Dec 8, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    As you probably know, vitamins and supplements are pricey. I have found two cheap methods of obtaining them. The first is to look for vitamins and supplements at a

. They usually have them in the health section of the store. The other is to order them online at

. Even with shipping, at times, they are cheaper than in a store.

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Most people often forget about Amazon, but I love Amazon because there are always dealers who may sell items for a cheaper price. Always check the item on Amazon! Or add some apps to your phone that give coupon deals on pretty much anything! Digital coupon-ing seems to be growing by the day. Good luck!

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't trust cheaply made vitamins. They are made with sugars and fillers. I would rather pay more for quality products from Shaklee than generic vitamins.

4. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I also love Amazon and order from them every chance I get. I have seen cheap vitamins in dollar tree and other dollar stores but just don't feel right paying only a $1, it just seems like the quality wouldn't be as good. I normally order from Amazon or buy them at CVS when they are bogo.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Vitamin supplements are really worth an in depth look. If you are able to get the exact same product for cheaper somewhere, go for it.

All vitamins are not equal. Read the labels carefully. You DO NOT need more than 100% of your RDA of anything unless you have a specific medical condition and your doctor has suggested it. (Folic acid for pregnant women for example).

If it comes to a multivitamin, sometimes paying a little extra will give you a greater potential benefit. A multivitamin designed for your age and gender may be more suitable than a generic one. I always suggest a multivitamin with a greater variety of vitamins and minerals rather than a greater quantity of fewer. It is meant to supplement not to replace.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Inexpensive can be bought at any large supermarket (Walmart, Tesco) although the quality of some is questionable. Some vitamins like vitamin C are the same regardless, but vitamin b6 comes in several forms, like magnesium. Taking cheap magnesium oxide can sometimes irritate the intestine can cause you to lose even more magnesium. For niche vitamins I would say always use a health store, but for Vitamin C, and fish oil any brand will do.