Where do you buy Fitness Equipment

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by allswl • Aug 25, 2014.

1. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    These days with the proliferation of websites selling everything from a pin to an anchor. When you bought your fitness equipment where did you go to make the purchase. Was it online or did you go into a store. I have bought equipment online and in a store and I must say that I prefer top get it at a store, simply because often times what you buy online is not exactly what you expected when it arrives at your door. What do you guys think?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have a rewards card with Best Buy so I would go there even though they don't specialize in just fitness equipment. I agree that it is better to try it out in the store but some of their items come already in the box and so you would have to try it out at home anyway and then take it back if it wasn't what you were wanting. The thing I'm thinking about lately is something called: Trademark - Total Body Exerciser. It is located under the Elliptical Trainers section if you shop for it online. It is only 37.95 and looks really easy to store. I'm not sure how much it would hold up under a heavier weight though. But the thing that is a downside for fitness equipment is they are usually bulky and don't fit in a small dwelling. (like I have) This one looks just right though and it is a good price to pay compared to the others which cost 100's of dollars. With winter just around the corner its good to start thinking of either home exercise or the gym.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy my fitness equipment online, and will use comparison websites to see where I can find the best deals. I just think that this is by far the best way, because it means that you're never paying more than you need to. However, it is important that you read the reviews of the products that you're buying, because this gives you the best possible chance of getting the price you deserve rather than paying more when it turns out that the same item is available much more cheaply elsewhere.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    You might try to find some used equipment online first, either on Craigslist or Facebook. Sometimes you manage to find some fantastic deals on very new equipment as unfortunately exercise is something that people easily give up on and then they need to offload the cumbersome equipment to gain some space in the house.
    I've been able to find equipment on Facebook for half the price of the store and it still came with a warranty.

5. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    I don't have any large equipment - just some dumbbells, a jump rope, and a yoga mat. I know I got the jump rope at a sporting goods store. The other things my husband bought before we got married, so I'm not sure where he got them.

I plan to buy a treadmill or elliptical once I move into a house, and I will be looking for a used one. So many people get excited about starting to exercise, buy brand new equipment, and then realize three years later that they've only used it twice. As I tend to be sporadic about my exercise habits, I think it would be a bad idea for me to buy something full rice.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I always bought my fitness equipment inside the store. The only time I purchase something related to fitness online was an exercise DVD. When it comes to weights or treadmills, I must be inside the store so I can see the item up close and test it out before purchasing it. It's too risky to get these types of items online and not being all too please once it arrives to your front door.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy larger items, such as a treadmill or elliptical online but that's only after checking them out in store. I buy them online because if I buy it in a store I am responsible getting it home and I don't have the strength or means to really do that. I have some light weights, jump rope and things of that nature and those I will buy in store because they are easy for me to transport.