Where do you buy pet items?

Discussion in Pets started by hunysukle • Jun 7, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you typically purchase items for your pet(s)? Do you go to PetSmart, Walmart or your local grocery store?

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When I had my Shih Tzu, I'd usually go to the grocery store to purchase items for her. I'd also try out PJ's pet shop or Bulk Barn for a special gift for my little girl.

Nowadays, my fiancee and I head over to Pet's Mart across the street from us to buy the cats' litter, food and treats. It's a good place and the prices are much more reasonable than a grocery store.

3. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I need for the pet. I usually go to the pet store of the feed mill. Then I know the quality of the products I am getting is good. Without this, I have to determine if the stores even have the items I need, which most of them do not have.

4. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I would love to know if anyone has experience buying pet food online. There are lots of things that are cheaper online than in-store, especially specialty stores like Petco and such. Anyone ever do the research on that?

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just buy items for my pets at stores like Wal-Mart. If it is something hard to find or a particular brand I will go to Petco. I just always check Wal-Mart first because it is cheaper.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I am buying but most of the time I get them at Walmart. They seem to have the best prices on pet supplies comapred to other stores. We do have a Petco in a nearby town but I have only been there a couple of times. I have bought a few things there before, too.

7. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    All of the above but I don't go buy my pet products at Petsmart to often though since they are kind of pricey on some things. I prefer to go to Walmart mostly, but if I don't feel like stopping at Walmart then I will grab cat food at the grocery store or at Hy-vee drug town whatever is more convenient at the time. If I am demoing at Petsmart I will grab some cat food there then so i don't have to make an extra stop.

8. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I generally purchase my pet related items at large retail box stores like Walmart. I tend to stay away from speciality pet stores unless the item I am looking for is a difficult to find item. I just find it difficult to justify the extra expense most speciality pet stores charge for day to day items. I also look online for deals.

9. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I go to the petstore and I also use the feed mill. I have found the feed mill can provide me with great prices and support a local business. If the coupons are required, I will use the pet stores because they can accept them easier,.

10. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I run an animal rescue organization, mostly cats, and I buy pet supplies at Pet Co, except for food. I like that I get five dollars back on every hundred spent at Pet Co. For pet food I go to Target or Stop and Shop.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I buy things and food for my pet at the local veterinary clinic where my dog is having for regular check up and sometimes clean up when I don't have the time to do so. I like this clinic because basically they have everything that I need for my dog and the prices are affordable too.

12. mvpdogs

mvpdogsNew Member

Threads:
    Are you in trouble to buy accessories for your dogs? then don't worry I am suggesting you the best online shop for all dogs accessories where you can find huge varieties of all dog collar and dog jersey. I have find them best among which I ever used now its your turn...

13. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go to Walmart because it was simple, but a Pet Supermarket recently opened up the road from me, so I go there now. Their prices are similar to PetSmart, if not a little cheaper, and they have so much more selection than Walmart. I don't regret the switch!

14. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    I usually go to PetCo. They're fairly expensive but I think they have everything for pets. I wonder if there are any better stores, probably not.

15. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I typically buy my pet food or toys from either Family Dollar or Walmart, however on occassion in certain instances I will shop at Petsmart or Petco.

16. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of mine I buy online because my local pet store here in Ireland is in the middle of nowhere, it takes me two hours to drive to it. We have a small pet shop down town but it never has much in it.

17. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Because of the fact that I don't have a lot of time, I will get the majority of things that I need in the supermarket. I don't often get the chance to go to our local pet shop, and a lot of the time I will find that the supermarket is much cheaper anyway, so it makes a lot of sense just to stick to shopping there instead.

However, I do buy a few dog toys on the internet, because places like Amazon have a wider range than any other pet shop that I know about, so it can be good to stop and have a look there. I think I do spend too much on animals though.. I like to spoil them!

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase the cage from a pet shop, but when I used to buy cat food, I used to purchase it from a supermarket.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Food and litter from a supermarket, other items from a pet shop, a local, non-chain one.

20. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my pets' items at Petsmart and if I can't find it there then I'll buy on Amazon.