Where Do You Buy Scarves?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by suegiplaye • Jul 18, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I wear my hair in locs and I was wondering where you go to buy your scarves for your locs. I love how you cannot leave your locs uncovered when in dusty areas. My hair looks an absolute mess because I do not really cover it, it looks really dusty. I would love to hear where you can buy comfortable stylish scarves because i really need them.

2. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear them all the time so I only have a couple. The best places that I have gotten them at Hollister and Abercrombie and they were cheap. I know that sometimes those stores can be expensive, but if you hit them at the right time they will be cheap. I think that I bought my favorite scarf during black friday at Abercrombie, and it was only $10. Which is pretty cheap for that store.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like to check if Target has any scarves on clearance, and if they have one I like, I usually get it. So most of mine are from there, but I find that the fast fashion shops can be pretty good for this as well. I have a ginormous leopard print one from H&M that I love pairing with simple outfits when it’s chilly and rainy out.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to get unusual items so I go to the second hand store to find what I can find. I have found some really nice prints at a good price. Also if I see a shirt or skirt that has a nice print and the right material I will purchase it and deconstruct the item to make a scarf.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love scarves, even though I mostly wear them around my neck. I have quite a big selection of them. Usually, I buy them at art and craft markets, where I can find high quality fabrics with natural dyes. I especially like the hand painted silk varieties and hand printed cotton scarves. You get an original piece of art work, you are supporting the local community, and encouraging artisans to continue with their craft. Besides, you'd be surprised how cheap some of these beautiful scarves are.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, most of my scarves were hand knit by my grandma! They are made of very soft fleece and incredibly comfy and warm! She made me several in different colors.
    For actual fabric scarves, I have gotten them in small boutiques and have a couple from Zara.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think Target had the best combination of price and quality. I dont often wear them. But I've bought plenty of them as gifts. And Target is always the place where I get them. The people I've bought for always seem pleased. Do I'd definitely recommend them.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have locs, and tend to switch between different hairstyles. I don't wear scarves on my head, either. BUT I'm a HUGE fan of scarves, and I'm almost always wearing one LOL I have bought a lot of mine at TK Maxx. TK maxx has a very wide selection, some of them 100% silk at a fraction of the RRP. Some of them I have bought all over the show, including online.