Where Do You Buy Spare Or Replacement Batteries For Devices From?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by cocolgooh • Feb 21, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    The battery on one of my cameras has completely had it and I was thinking about replacing the battery for it but it seems as though the batteries cost so much that as the camera is well over 5 years old now it might be worth investing in a new camera instead. I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows of places to get replacement or spare batteries from cheaply, before I give up on it entirely and replace the camera instead?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This may not be where you can get a battery for your camera but I get my batteries from the Dollar Tree. The batteries I get are for flashlights, games handsets that type of thing. Do a search on Amazon you find a good price there for your battery.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I've purchased batteries from Ebay. I usually buy in a quantity of more than one pack if listed. Of course I have shopped in the stores to compare prices and Ebay always wins. I particularly shop for free shipping. I always buy rechargeable batteries in sizes AAA, AA C, D and 9 volts. For one of my cameras it requires a 3v lithium battery which is not rechargeable but it was less than the store prices. I've never been disappointed.

I just started shopping on Amazon so I don't have any experience shopping for batteries there.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We usually get the batteries that we use either from Harbor Freight Tools (my husbands favorite store), or from Sam'sClub, when it is a size that we use a lot of. We have bought them at the dollar store several time before, and it just does not seem like they last as long as the other ones do. The Harbor Freight ones are generic, too; so they are probably not as good as the name brand ones that we find at Sam's; but they are definitely cheaper.
    We do buy a lot of items from Amazon, but I don't think we have ever gotten batteries there. I have a set of headphones that use AAA size, and so does the tv remote; but we do not have to replace either of those very often, unless I forget to turn off the headphones afterwards.
    Most of the things we have will charge with a usb cord now; so we seldom use batteries in anything like we used to do. After I got the iPhone and started taking pictures with that, I just gave away my Casio digital camera, and even that was able to charge up with the docking cradle, so I didn't need batteries for that when I had it either.
    I suggest getting a new camera that can be charged up, and then you never go to take that once in a lifetime picture, and discover the batteries are dead.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my cellphone batteries at Green Ion, it's a local store, and they also sell laptop batteries too and other sorts of batteries. The prices are quite affordable, and the oldest battery that I bought lasted around 3 years.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually check ebay first because I see a lot of replacement parts there, and even outdated tech can be found there very easily. Sometimes if it's really rare you'd have to settle with a knockoff brand or just a generic brand for parts but considering that it will extend the life of a device you're going to throw out without those parts I'd say it is somewhat worth it especially since you most likely can buy it for cheap. Otherwise I'd just look for some boutique repair shops that might have access to older parts.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just purchased a backup battery for my digital camera on

It's my second purchase from them, and I haven't had any issues. They have good prices, and also accept Ebates, which I love to use, so I can save money when I'm shopping online. The battery I bought wasn't OEM, it was a replacement, but I use it often, swapping it out with my main battery. I also purchased a memory card from them prior to the battery, and have had no issues with that, either, so I feel comfortable recommending the site.