Where Do You Buy The Majority Of Your Video Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by thepieeatingjay • Feb 13, 2015.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    video games are a hobby that's been around for 40 years now. As the industry grew, so has the number of ways we purchase them. And with the advent of the internet, the ways we buy them have more than doubled thanks to online stores.

I myself buy my games from both local non-big name shops and Amazon.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy hardcopy games anymore, I have a massive collection on Steam which I garnered for a few hundred dollars thanks to Humble Bundle and Steam sales. It's much more convenient without the physical clutter in my opinion, and publishers are willing to offer bigger discount for digital downloads since there's literally no extra cost on their part.

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Up until 2013, I have bought hard copies of games. I was not able to find a place to get steam cards, neither do I have a credit card to buy online. It changed when I was able to use my paypal and connected card. From then on, I buy my games online. The nearest shop for games is a 2 hour ride from my apartment, so less hassle now if I crave for games. I can buy games while at home. Happy for technology.

4. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my games online through steam. It's by far the least expensive way there is! There are constant discounts and deals on steam which I take advantage of all the time. Summer sales are also something to look forward to. I never run out of games and in fact have a backlog of games I haven't gotten to play yet.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Steam, for sure. If you have the patience to wait for the sales, then you can get tons of games for cheap, which is awesome. I have some hard copies for my consoles, and those I got off of Amazon. :)

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I either purchase my video games from Steam, Gamestop, and Amazon. The best deals are from Steam, but my download is very slow so I rarely acquire games from the service. Gamestop is a bit overpriced in their games, but they do have the newest titles out. Amazon is the venue I do most of my video game shopping from because it's good pricing, I don't have to drive to the place, and I have a huge selection to choose from.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just get my games at a nearby store since it only takes about a 10 to 15. Minute drive to get there so it's not that much of a hassle. I only do this for console games though and for most of my PC games I usually just get them off of Steam or a similar service since they are way more convenient when bought that way.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nowadays, mostly Humble Bundle. I don't really care for videogames enough to pay the full - or the discounted - prices. Other than that, Steam, if I have any free Steam credit left.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I game on a PC so Steam is my one stop shop for everything that is PC game. In terms of console games I just go to Amazon. It's pretty much where I get all of my gaming needs including PC parts.