Where Do You Buy Used Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by firestarian • Mar 2, 2014.

1. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I'm curious for the console gamers where do you buy your used games. I'm always looking to save money so I cannot stand paying for than $10 for a used game. I'll list the sites I use often for games.

- Has some great deals occasionally, watch for their 50% off deals which come once a month or so. Shipping can make or break it though, I think it is $2 for games.

This one should be fairly obvious but you can find some good deals here occasionally, especially if you buy in bulk from sellers. Once again watch out for shipping.

Occasionally you can find a cheap game or two you can buy from here, the games can be in horrid condition though, so watch out.

What sites do you use for buying games and why?

2. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    You can buy used games at Gamestop, they always have a great variety and they have a lot of them as well. They also price games very well, they are never too expensive.

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't bother with actual retail stores, Gumtree/Kijiji or eBay is usually great. Best when you find someone selling a bulk of games they don't need anymore and you can pick them all up for next to nothing.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    This is a good list you have created. I always used torrents to get my games but they can never be trusted.

5. autograph

autographNew Member

Threads:
    There is a small video game store near the place I stay. They usually offered the used games for almost half of its original price. They also accept trade-ins. Once I am finished with my game, I usually visit them and trade them in for a new/used games. That way, I got to experience a lot of games with a minimum cost. It was definitely worth the walk.

6. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I have considered torrenting my games but I play on console as I do not have a computer capable of gaming. I don't have the means to mod a console nor the money to hire someone to do it. I miss my gaming computer, when I find a job I will probably save some money towards a car and a nice desktop computer.

7. dan213

dan213New Member

Threads:
    Most of my used games are bought from eBay. I used to buy a few games from GameStop but can find them cheaper through sites like eBay or even trading a game for something else. GameStop seems to not offer the best deals in regards to buying or even selling games.

8. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I agree that Gamestop's prices are extremely pricy and their trade-in values are a joke. I made a vow not to buy from Gamestop until their trade-in prices go up. eBay can be good but the only thing I never cared for was having to return products and the hassle of working with the seller.

9. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Ebay usually has the best deals on used games although it's so popular the bids get pretty high sometimes. Hastings is a great one. I have an actual Hastings store buy my House and they do a buy 1 used game get 1 free all the time. As long as the second game is equal or lower in value. So if you have a store nearby I would definitely try it out. I'm not sure if they have that kind of deal online but they usually have some great deals online too.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have small shops around the city here where we can sell our used games, buy used games, or even swap when it's possible, so I usually just go to those if I want to check out a few games but don't want to pay full price for it. I mostly only ever buy older games though so usually they are already fairly cheap even at brand new price so I do usually just go for those instead because I am a bit hesitant about buying used products and items not just with games but just in general.