Where Do You Buy Your Candy

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Kitty Reeves • Jan 20, 2015.

1. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I've got a huge sweet tooth, and loooove candy. I usually try and buy a bag of it and then separate the individually wrapped candies into sandwich baggies, and freeze some for later. Freezing makes them last longer, and makes you eat them slower. I am so guilty of eating too many and too fast. :oops: (Distracted eating is bad.)

I used to buy a lot of my candy on Amazon, but I've noticed the candy prices on Amazon have changed from decent to ridiculous! I've now been shopping online at Walmart's site, and their candy is much more reasonably priced. The only thing is shipping for Wal-Mart is 5 dollars (for orders under $50), where as Amazon's is free (for orders over $35). Which can be annoying.

Where do y'all buy your candy? Who has the best price? :)

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Depends what kind of candies. I buy a lot of them at the Dollar General; but if I'm looking for boxed candies like Whitman's, Russell Stover, etc., I usually get them at Walmart.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my candy at Walmart. Why do you buy candy online instead of in a store? Candy is not a rare item. They sell it everywhere, so I don't see an advantage to buying it online.

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart and Target always have a good variety of candies and chocolates. Also, their price is relatively cheaper, especially when they have promotions.

I also like buying from specialty candy stores, the ones that you can buy per pound. In most cases, I would select those which can't be found in supermarkets. I give myself that treat from time to time.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't usually buy candy because I don't have much of a sweet tooth and if I ever craved some I'd just buy some and have a few pieces after a meal so I don't get to buy that much. However I do go through some phases where I beg and whenever that happens I just get some ordinary types or regular types of candy at the grocery store or I'd get some from specialty stores that sell assortments by weight.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Marks and Spencer makes some of its own varieties of candy and chocolates which I find to be really delicious!

Percy Pigs are one of their specialties, and their butterscotch sweets and liquorice are top-notch as well!

7. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I buy candy in bulk, so I normally go to the supermaker. I have found it's more convenient and cheaper than buying individually from stores. It does take some space in the fridge, but since I really enjoy the candy I buy, I think it's worth it.

Chocolates, specially. There's great variety in the bags I buy

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy candy from the super market as it is quite cheap over there. There are some really delicious candies available there and I think it is worth it to try them out. I do believe it is totally useful to try out some of these candies. I totally love them.

9. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    The trick I have noticed for getting the best prices on candy is looking for the sales! Especially after the holidays, you know, the big ones! Halloween! Valentines, Christmas, you get where i'm going. Ha! Like you said, it freezes very well, therefore you can wait until they mark it all down after the holiday, load up, and stock up! I have seen it as low as 90% but it is usually down to slim pickings at that point. Almost all major stores do this, and it hovers around 50-75% off while it clears out the week or so following any holiday! I always buy those coconut nests in these sales, love them!

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually I buy it from the pound or dollar store, but sometimes the selection is limited. I tend to buy from CVS as they often do specials and I use my extra rewards coupons there so it does work out cheaper than even the supermarkets and sometimes they offer coupons for branded candy especially around the holiday time.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy it at CVS! I get a lot of free gift cards online and then buy in store. I wish I could buy it on Amazon, but I rarely get orders over $35. I miss the free shipping with over $25 days!

12. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    If I want to buy chocolate candy sometimes I'll buy a bag at WalMart or at a drug store. I used to buy candy at Walgreens but now I'll get it at the supermarket or WalMart. Buying candy is not something I do all the time which is good because I don't need too much of it. I will have some candy as a treat like once in a while to celebrate something or just because I have a craving for chocolate. I absolutely love peanut butter cups so these are my favorite.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm I'm not that big of a fan really. I mean don't get me wrong, I do eat sweets (as we call them) but I don't give them that much thought. I cherish my teeth more LOL If I do want some, I just buy them in any local store. But I'm also very careful how much I buy and don't keep any in the house.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally buy candy at supermarkets, because they tend to be cheaper in those. However I don't have a preference aside from price, so if I find candy for cheaper somewhere else I buy it. Also, I will usually get them on supermarkets because I rarely go out only to buy candy, I tend to buy them when I am already at the supermarket and I see something I want.

15. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I've never really considered buying candy online. I love the idea of getting it in bulk and saving money, but the temptation to shove in my mouth as quickly as possible is too strong. I usually get one or two candy bars when I go to the store.