Where Do You Buy Your Socks?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by AutumnFall • Oct 5, 2015.

1. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    It is kind of a weird question but I'm curious where does everyone purchase socks. I usually get mines in bulk from a local flea market since it's really cheap out there or at Walmart if they're on sale. I would love to get some at my local Dollar Tree but they're always out of stock. lol

Also, does everyone purchase socks more based on quality than on price? I've seen nice and comfy sets of socks at various stores but they cost over $8, which I think is ridiculous for only three pairs of socks. Some styles of socks at flea markets are made really cheap but once they're soften up they feel alright, well for me. ;)

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with what you said about only 3 pairs being $8. That is ridiculous and that's what you find a lot of the time. I buy mine from Wal-Mart. You can get a set of 6 or $5. And they have a lot of different designs. I'm into that, not everyone is. I don't usually buy the plain white ankle socks. I bought one bag in maybe the last 5 years. Otherwise I get the cute colorful socks.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Comfort and quality do matter, but socks do go missing so I don't like to spend too much on them. The dollar store does have bargain packs and are okay. I have bought packs from Marshalls which are good value (though you have to look around) and also Target have multi packs for a low price.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy socks anywhere I find cute ones for
    Cheap. I have bought socks at forever 21, H&M, Ross Dress for Less and Marshalls. I have found very nice and good quality socks at Ross. I would search there first if I needed to buy socks right now.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy them at Walmart or any other Store that sells socks. I've recently started thinking I should get some better quality socks though, so I might look into other stores.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last pair of socks I purchased I got from the Dollar Store. The quality was better than I expected, these socks have lasted longer than socks I paid twice as much for. I don't puchase socks often, I usually get socks from Walmart or Target when I do purchase socks.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Same here. I seem to be quite hard on my socks, so I’ve been wondering if I should fork over the money for higher quality ones. I happened to borrow some SmartWool socks for a night a few months back. Super comfy. I believe they were around a decade old as well, possibly older, and they were only recently starting to show any signs of wear and tear. So it might just be worth it to shell out what seems like an insane amount of money (even on sale!) for some socks that’ll last for ages.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I buy my socks at Walgreens .99 bins. Sometimes I find so cute ones maybe for kids, but they are cheap, so I buy them. I buy when I need them and when they are under 1.00.:rolleyes:

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my socks at flea markets or pop up stores. They usually sell good quality socks at a cheaper price. You just have to distinguish which is worth buying and which is not. I do have some stores that I'm fond of already and buy them from time to time. Socks usually last a long time for me as I just use them when working out or when going to sleep. But I still like wearing the cutesy ones lol.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend too much on socks. Do that and you're guaranteed to lose a few. I usually buy a multipack of socks where each pair is exactly the same. When one gets lost as they invariably do, there's no problem with finding another sock to match up with it.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For athletic socks to wear with my tennis shoes, I started buying a new brand that's available at Wal-Mart called Gildan. I've been very pleased with them so far, they hold up really well to wear and tear and washing. Most of the other brands I had been buying in the past such as Hanes or Starter or Joe Boxer, just don't hold up well at all. It's especially a problem if you have rough/coarse carpeting such as Berber carpet. It will wear down your socks in a week or two, and you'll start getting holes in them pretty quickly.

For dress socks, I prefer to stick with Dockers, since I usually only wear Dockers dress pants and shoes. However instead of paying full price for them. I buy them at Gabriel Brothers for less than half the price. In fact, I often find other Dockers items there such as pants, and belts too, for a fraction of what I would pay at stores such as Macy's or JC Penney.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought socks at a flea market before. Sometimes I will buy them at the dollar store, or one time I bought a huge bundle in bulk on Amazon. This was one of the ways that I have found to get the best bargains on socks. I am not sure if I have purchased socks at Walmart. A store I like call Gabriels generally has great buys on socks.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not very fanatical about my socks, so I don't obsess over quality. I used to buy all of mine from TK Maxx. They always have a huge selection and although I'm not bothered about the quality, they always turn out great as they last through the seasons.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchase them on the supermarket or inside the department store, they are usually brought in packs of 3 or 5 so that I can save money. I purchase a combination of thick and thin socks.