Where Do You Find The Best Deals On Comfy Slippers?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Oct 20, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you wear slippers or as some people call them "house shoes"? I love a good pair of slippers when the weather starts to turn cool.

I got a sweet pair for Christmas last year that are nice and toasty with the added plus of nice, soft, memory foam bottoms. They feel like walking on clouds.

Now, I'd like to find a nice pair of comfy slippers for my husband as well, but of course, I'd love to get a good deal on them too. Any suggestions?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not so sure where the best deals currently are. I always manage to find slippers in the post-Christmas sales - for some reason, they are always heavily reduced.

If there is a branded pair that your husband likes then you may be able to find them being sold on eBay or Amazon at a cheaper price.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree I would look for a nice pair of slippers at the local store and see if you maybe able to find the same pair online at either Amazon or on Ebay at a better price. Not knowing where you are located I would suggest a Burlingtons if you have one in your area.

4. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Usually during the Thanksgiving weekend and Black Friday sales most stores offer slippers for a steal. I usually purchase a few of my family members a new pair of slippers for Christmas during these sales. I have even found good quality slippers highly marked down at big box grocery stores (such as Walmart, Meijer, or Target) and even at drugstores (such as Walgreens and Rite Aid) that time of year. It may pay off to look in the Black Friday ads ahead of time to see which stores will offer the best deals on slippers.

5. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    eBay. But they must be new and have free shipping. I also found some slippers at Kohl's online, that I'm wearing right now as I sit here typing away on my keyboard! I live in slippers during the winter, while in the house as I hate to have cold feet. I like the fuzzy kind that have a good rubber sole.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I bought some Dear Foam slippers for $5 at Big Lots. The same slippers were found at JCP for $18 plus tax. I also like to buy them on Amazon and on ebay. You can find some great house slippers at Daiso if you have a store near you.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We have hardwood floors throughout our house and in the winter slippers are a must. My kids love wearing them, first thing they look for in the morning is their slippers. I just bought my son and my husband slippers from Costco. They were under$20 and extremely comfortable and well made. They are fleece slippers with a nice antislip sole. What I love about Costco is the return policy so even if they aren't exactly what you want you can return them for a full refund.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, these are some great ideas. I don't have all of these places near me, but I do have some like Big Lots and Burlington Coat Factory. I'll definitely give those stores a look. I was thinking T.J. Maxx as well. Of course, it's always hit or miss, if you'll find the right size, etc. there, but I think it's worth a peek. I never thought about eBay, but I think I'll give Amazon a look as well.

Hitting up some Black Friday (or preferably Cyber Monday) sales is also good advice. I do like post holiday sales, but I'd really like to get him some before Christmas. Thanks all.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely check out Amazon. I also got a couple great pairs from target. They have really good black Friday deals and I'm sure even better ones after the holidays.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this store exists in other countries, but over here in the UK, there is a medium sized store called Shoezone. It is in my local town center, and the shoes are always good quality shoes, are varied, and are set at great prices. Reasonable prices. Unlike Clarks, which is ridiculously expensive.

11. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    Our local boot store usually has moccasins which my husband wore as house shoes. Out of season (Holiday Shopping Time) slippers are hard to find in the shoe or department stores. I actually where my sandals around the house because I don't want to feel the cold floor but my feet tend to get to hot in enclosed slippers. Perhaps you could check at a leather goods store or a sleepwear store in your area.

12. James Balogh

James BaloghNew Member

Threads:
    Hey Zyni,

When it comes to house slippers, go for the relaxed shopping destination, go online. Your screen will be swamped with awesome deals, discounts on house slippers, flip flops and clogs & mules. Compare the deals available on these sites ( Amazon, Ebay, Slipper Rack and so on) and choose the best design to pamper your feet.

13. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I love wearing moccasins inside the house during the cold winter months. Lined with a furry material. Can use them outside when going to the store also. Bedroom slippers are sometimes seen on people at Walmart, but they really shouldn't be worn outside the house! During the summer, I only wear flip flops or sandals.

14. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    For Comfy slippers, I recommend to buy from eBay. My one friend had a good experience to buy these from there.

15. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Buying clothing (shoes) from eBay or Etsy is tricky. If you smoke, and don't care about other kinds of odors then it's fine if the item is in usable condition. However, if you are not a smoker and do care about odors or stains, then it's important to check the negative reviews. Also contact the seller to ask questions about the item.

Many times clothing can be altered down to a smaller size if it's too large. Shoes -- you can't do that. Determine from communication from the seller whether it's worth it to invest money in something that might not work out. Also, if the shoes have been worn, then they might not be in a condition that is wearable. If this sounds negative, it is!

Another place you can find slippers that are a good price are in thrift shops, but... again, you have to be careful. At least when buying in person at a store you can examine the item and see if it's what you want to buy.