Where Do You Get Car Tools For A Good Price?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Verity Darkwaters • Jan 28, 2016.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of the tools you use for your cars are just regular tools, they may all be, I don't know. As you can see I do not know about tools at all. My husband loves working on his car, but he lacks the tools. So I found a list of tools you'd need to work on a car. Problem is, I don't want to pay a fortune. Is there anywhere to buy decent tools that are not going to break me?

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well certainly there are a lot of place to look around your town that would have the supplies you need, but as you may guess a traditional brick and mortar store will probably be more expensive than what you can find online. Just make sure that you do your research beforehand though, because this is something that you want to make sure you buy the right tools for.

3. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    That really depends on where you live.
    Most places have discount tool stores, the tools are not as durable but for some tools you only use it a few times.
    It's still cheaper then going to the mechanic. You got a good hubby if he can fix cars, he's a keeper! LOL and any wife who buys tools is also a keeper =)
    Anyways
    In the USA best known one is Harbor Freight Tools and in Canada it's Princess Auto.
    Hope that helps!

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Where tools are bought is not the real problem. Instead, I'd focus on how to save on tools bought nearly anywhere.

Anyway, there are several ways to save on tools. For one thing, staying with one platform means that accessories and what not will be more widely available. Also, buying a bunch of tools - as in a kit will save you somewhat. Finally, note the other ways to save are just common sense stuff we see with buying anything. For instance, things like loyalty programs, special deal days, and buying high-quality are often good ideas.