Where Do You Get Cheap Jewelry?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Dec 8, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jewelry can be expensive. However since some people just must adorn themselves they find it obligatory to get themselves jewelry no matter what it costs.

If you are one of those who frequently buy jewelry, do you know of places where one can buy [quality] cheap jewelry?

A friend of mine spends too much on jewelry and I'd like to help her save a little cash. Your suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated.

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    eBay/Gumtree/Craigslist or local Facebook trading pages are all a great place to start. You can get cheap jewelry on there but there is the issue of it having being previously worn which might turn some buyers off, maybe look for jewelry which was an unwanted gift?

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Some people don't like buying previously owned jewelry no matter how cheap they can get it but I often see reasonably priced jewelry at estate sales. The buyer has the opportunity to select style and price as well as trying it on to see if they really like it.

My philosophy is 'It's not that someone else owned it but now someone else can enjoy it as they did.'

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Kohl's has good quality jewelry. It is not the best but it looks good. I bought 18K gold from Kohl's during the 1990's. That was a time when gold was a little less than $300.00 per ounce. However, in 2010 I hit hard times. I tried to pawn all of those earrings, bracelets, and necklaces at a fine jewelry shop. The owner explained that not one piece was actually 18K gold but a strange 16.7K gold and nickle mixture.
    I was angry until he asked how much I paid for everything. I guessed it was about $900 in total. Then, he said he would give me just over $1600 because gold was at $1100 per ounce. Then, I was with Kohl's jewelry.

5. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    Google "kay Jewelers Outlet." My mom buys Jewelry from Kay Jewelers online outlet store. She loves it and the one time she had to make a return because a ring she bought as a gift for my sister was to small, she had no problem returning it. I personally don't know how much of a bargain the prices are, I'm a girly girl but not a diamond girl. My favorite piece of jewelry that I most treasure, is my one of a kind Japoor charm made for me by a friend. It is a replica of the charm from Star Wars that Anakin gave to Padme.

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have an entire carry-on suitcase that is filled with jewelry and card making supplies. People would be surprised how easy it is to make a piece of jewelry. There are lots of do it yourself ideas on YouTube. Just type in DIY jewerly and all sorts will come up. So it would be better to know what you want to make so that you can type that in as well. For example, 'DIY Bracelets' or 'DIY Necklaces'. Then you can go from there!

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    If we are talking about where you can get cheap jewelry online. Then you would have to look at sites like eBay to get some good deals. Most of the time you can find some cheap new jewelry that actually looks like it was worth some money. Though, you can't expect for most of these items to last that long or to not change colors. You would really have to look at what you are buying and what is made of to see if it is something you have to worry about in the future.

8. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Several times a year we have gem shows. The vendors that are present sell many things, loose stones and findings for jewelry makers, and all sorts of beads. Sometimes there are many wonderful jewelry pieces that are actually a lot more reasonably priced then they would be in a jewelry store. On occasion there are very old pieces that are estate jewelry, i am fond of many of these pieces because of the history and the style. My son bought a stone from one vendor and went to the other for the ring portion, they were able to put the two pieces together and he had a one of a kind piece for a very low cost.

9. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of my jewelry from Amazon. You can buy a lot of really nice and durable pieces from over seas and can pay sometims as little as 0.01. of course you may have to pay a dollar or two for shipping - and you have to wait a bit longer for it to arrive but it is definitely worth it.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never say no to flea markets and bazaars when you're looking for cheap jewelry with the same luster and appeal as brand-backed jewelry. Since it's Christmas, department stores will inevitably offer large discounts. Maybe your friend can take advantage of the occasion and go where there are mall-wide sales.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    By cheap I take it you mean nice but affordable? I personally like Accessorize. They make lovely jewellery which isn't too expensive, and I think they're everywhere. I think you can even but it online. Another recommendation like others have stated would have to be Ebay. I've not personally bought jewellery online as I much prefer to touch it and be sure it's never been used, for hygiene reasons. On the high street I absolutely love Topshop and Urban Outfitters for jewellery, too.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I assume you mean costume jewelry, because real jewelry will always cost money. I would recommend Forever 21 as the items are up to date and really cheap. You can buy online too. but jewelry is something that you like to try on. Marshall's and stores like that will always discount and Nordstrom Rack if you have one is really good for designer discounted accessories.

13. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    It depends on if you want real jewelry or costume jewelry. If your looking for costume jewelry, a great site to check out is sammydress.com. They have a great selection for custom jewelry for amazing prices. If your looking for real jewelry try your local pond shop, they always have a great price on jewelry where I live. I usually Google what I'm looking for to find the best deals on everything.

14. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    When I want a piece of cheap jewelry I go to ebay. The price ranges for ebay are so varies that it's almost a guarantee that you'll find something. It's just a matter of you liking what you find. I tend to see the same pieces start to repeat as I scroll through eBay (although, my searches tend to be real specific). I'm not sure about other places. There are some department stores that you can try out like Macy's. Those would be my two best options.

15. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Most of my cheap jewelry I buy at Forever 21. It's not always the best quality, but all of the pieces are super cheap so it doesn't really matter. Seriously, you can find jewelry there from like $2 to larger pieces usually less than $20. I do have pieces that I've purchased years ago and they're still in good shape so the quality isn't always awful.

16. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have more jewelry than I can actually wear already, so it's been awhile since I've been actively looking for any. I have, however, made some very good finds in thrift stores over the years, and I still check out the jewelry when I visit one. Most times you'll find only what you will think of as junk, but if you keep your eyes open you will sooner or later start finding some significant items. Silver, in particular is a good thing to look for in thrift stores because quite often it is overlooked by others as it can look pretty shabby if it needs cleaning up.

17. Simran Kaur

Simran KaurNew Member

Threads:
    I always buy jewelry from amazon and I am very satisfied. There are many types of jewelry available at Amazon and they are also available at affordable prices. So i always prefer amazon

18. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I just love jewelry! They don't just make me look and feel elegant, they're a form of investment as well. I have a few pieces of necklace, earrings, rings, and bracelet. The more valuable pieces were bought during Ramadan sales at Dubai malls and in Qatar where they be had for as low as 50% of their original price. I bought the other jewelry pieces from my aunt who is a gold jewelry trader. She also owns a goldsmith shop and she gave me huge discounts for those pieces. If you don't have access to these sources, you can always search online where there's even more variety in design, materials, and pricing.

If you love fashion jewelry, why not learn to make one yourself? There are many free online tutorials for this.

19. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha KrishnakumarNew Member

Threads:
    I get my jewelry from either Amazon or eBay. Sometimes, I even find what I'm looking for at Walmart or Target, depending on what it is I am looking for. I bought earrings and a necklace at Walmart for my prom, and they went perfectly well with my dress. Sometimes, shopping online in stores not well known would have cheaper prices. I bought my prom dress on a website that was not as well known and I got a really beautiful mermaid-style dress custom made for me for only $115, which was really good, compared to what its retail price would have been, $300

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Two good options to get / buy this are eBay and specific groups on Facebook (by the way, something increasingly popular :)). You can always find relevant things at great prices. ;)