Where do you get your Workout Clothes?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by tulosai • Dec 30, 2014.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any suggestions about where you can buy relatively inexpensive, cute workout/ yoga clothing? So far, I pretty much have only found Old Navy, and it is my go to for women's yoga.workout clothing, but I have to believe other, cuter workout clothing that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars is out there somewhere.

Where do you get your yoga and workout clothes?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy ones specific for my workout. I use anything I am comfortable wearing during my workout. So I get them from both my new and old clothes. But more often, from my old clothes, because they really make me comfortable and conditioned. I like clothes that are worn out, old clothes always are in my case.

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the best work out clothes I found for woman is at JC Penney, the lines are real exercise inspired clothes, not just sorta sporty stuff. The difference is the real exercise clothes pulls the sweat off the skin, you are just not a soggy mess when you work out, like with cotton tee's or jogging pants. I like the Xercise line. They also have some nice designer lines. I was looking for winter weight workout pants since my summer stuff is much to light and first tried Dicks Sporting Goods. The clothes were nice, all name brand but SO expensive. In comparison Dicks wanted $78 for woman's work out pants brand name. I got pants, and a matching hoodie for $21 and the cashier added a coupon (I had to ask her if they had any) so when all was done it was $16 including tax at JC Penney's.

Next best is Sears, but not in the woman's department go straight to the men's department, you can pick up the men's workout pants for about $15. They are heavy and have pockets. They have Champion and Everlast, lines both nice and unisex. Sears does have women's workout but the selection is very limited. Mostly Yoga pants, they are very thin and not spandex, so beware people can see thru them.

#3Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my workout clothes at the goodwill store/2nd hand store. You can find anything you are looking for at a good price. If I don't find what I am looking for at the 2nd hand store I will go to Target or Walmart to get something inexpensive.

5. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    This. People often buy expensive workout clothes and fail to use them. You can get good quality workout clothing cheap by checking out goodwill, salvation army, yard sales. If that fails, walmart is my go-to place for clothing that I don't care what it looks like as long as it fits and works. It just doesn't matter to me what clothes I wear to sweat in.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've never really bought clothes just for working out. Whenever I'm heading out to the gym I just put on a short and a t-shirt and I'm on my way. The only thing I bought specifically for a workout was my shoes, and I bought those online.

7. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll be trying JC Penny and Goodwill later this week to see if I can find anything I like in my size! I really appreciate the help- thank you! I also saw some cute ones at Marshalls today. I wasn't prepared to buy but I may go back and investigate further there :)

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly Goodwill and Target, inexpensive stuff. There is no need to invest in such clothes as they fill their purpose pretty quickly. Overpriced sports clothes are pretty common these days.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any new workout clothes in quite a while. I would say that K-Mart and Target would be good for really inexpensive workout clothes, especially Target. Target is a go-to store for me, one-stop-shopping, because they seem to have everything. Also places like Sears, JCPenney, and places like that would have really inexpensive workout clothes.