Where do you go to save on name brand clothing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsWilson2012 • Dec 3, 2013.

1. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I have found some local retailers that sell name brand clothing for nearly the same price you find generic brands at large retailers.

I've recently discovered the joy of Burke's outlet! I got some new Amethyst jeans there yesterday for $25, a pair of Bob's shoes for $15, and a new dress coat for $18... Plus, they have special days where EVERYONE gets discounts! On Mondays every Burke's card holder (it's a free rewards card, like a Kroger card) over the age of 60 gets 15% off their purchase, no matter what it is. On Fridays, everyone under 60 gets the same deal. Plus, Burkes also gives a 15% military discount with a military ID, and here I can get both the youth discount and the military discount on one purchase, meaning I get 30% off if I shop on Fridays!!

I also like Plato's closet, a thrift store for new or gently used youth apparel. Teens and young adults can sell their gently used unwanted clothing/accessories (both guys and girls) to the store for some extra cash, and the outlet resells them for extremely cheap prices. I find American Eagle and Aeropastale jeans there all the time for $10 or less, and the name brand shoe prices are unbeatable. They also routinely have "grab bag" events, where you can get as many clothes as you can stuff into a shopping bag for one set price. They had a $5 grab-bag sale, and I managed to get 3 pair of jeans, a purse, 2 shirts, and a pair of earrings into 2 grab bags, meaning it was all $10 (plus tax).

If you have either of these stores nearby, I recommend checking them out! If not, where do you go to search for good deals?

2. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    I'm lucky enough to live within a block of two buy-sell-trade stores, one of which being Plato's Closet. I pride myself on my ability to sniff out a great bargain. One day, I found an American Apparel blouse for about $14, TopShop skinny jeans for $18, and a Free People sweater for $22. This is a $100 sweater! And those Topshop jeans and AA blouse are still being sold in stores right for full price. I felt on top of the world that day, lol.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    In the Philippines, I got to some warehouse or factory houses of the brand itself where they sell stuff for about 70% from the original price! I love going to those places!

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I also shop at Plato's closet from time to time. I don't care much about name brand clothing. I just care if the quality of the clothing is good and whether I like the way it looks or not. But sometimes the quality of the name brand clothing is better than the generic brands. I also shop at TJ Max and Marshall's and usually can find some good deals there. I also only buy clothing from the mall when it's on sale and walk out with several bags of clothes only spending $100 or so for a whole new wardrobe. I basically just keep my eyes peeled for sales.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I just use some websites that provide branded clothing at discounted prices. Sites like gethelabel are quite common for me to use, but generally I just shop on the high street and shop in good sale periods such as January.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the only time I wear brands is when I'm buying used. I couldn't care less about brands and I actually prefer to not even wear them used/discounted as most of them take advantage of sweatshops etc and I'd rather not put fads and status above human suffering lol. I'm pretty sure at this point I've rid my closet of everything "brandy".. but it's super hard to rid it of everything unethical.. maybe some day.

7. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    In the US, I would check all of the discount stores. You have so many to choose from. There's Ross, T.J. Maxx, Marshall's, Kohl's, Plato's Closet, etc.

These stores do carry the good brand names and designers. A lot of times they are off season, or from last year, so when the item doesn't sell in retail stores they end up at these types of shops. It's always worthwhile to check out these stores every once in a while because there is no set schedule for when new inventory shows it. It just appears whenever. So sometimes you could go and get nothing, while other times you can load up on some good items.

It's always fun finding items you want from brands you like at a good discount.

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I go to JcPennys to save on name brand clothing. JCPennys is a great place to shop because they carry all the brands you like and they have unbelievable deals as well.

9. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I like T.J. Maxx a lot. I found some really great Micheal Kors blouses for less than $30! You can also go to the outlets. I usually go to True Religion and Lucky Brand outlets for my jeans.

10. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    I am an online shopper, and I think Ebay is great for buying cheap brand clothing. You have to obviously look around to make sure you are getting a good deal and always check out the sellers rating (make sure they have lots of positive feedback). You can buy second hand, or if you want brand new, make sure the item is new with tags or new without tags. Always read the sellers description and their returns policy. Ebay is great because if you do not receive the item, you can take a case to the resolution centre(which is easy and not time consuming) and if the see you have been mistreated you will receive your full money back!!

My brother loves designer and for his Birthday and Christmas I alway buy him Allsaints clothing for a half of the price on Ebay!!!

11. Sarah Ali

Sarah AliNew Member

Threads:
    T.K Maxx, which I guess is the same as T.J Maxx in the U.S
    I wouldn't call it cheap, and I'm the kind of person that has no problem paying a lot of money for a lovely jacket. Like a t-shirt is at least $25-30, and I wanted to buy cushions but they were all around $50-80 per cushion. But overall, it's a great place for shopping; everything is on discount, and you can find great brands as well as designer brands (I prefer buying designers from the designer boutique itself).

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually go to places like citi trends or ross for low priced name brand clothing. I got some baby phat clothes for me and my daughter at citi trends I got us like two outfits a piece and only paid 30 bucks.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love Marshalls- the ones I've been to before were pretty small but we're lucky enough to have a HUGE one here and they have a really nice selection of things, clothing especially :). I'm also big on 6pm as far as online shopping goes, they have some incredible deals.