" Where do you purchase your "As Seen On TV" items?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by dissn_it • Sep 19, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy As Seen on TV items, but I have seen them at Target. The mall near me used to have a As Seen on TV store, but it closed down months ago.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never call the numbers because i don't trust them so i usually get them at walmart walgreens cvs and sometimes even dollar tree. Dollar tree had those bump its from the tv and i got them for my sister they also sell the bra straps things as well. So in the end not only does it come out cheaper but you won't have any problems

3. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I buy my ASOT items directly from TV. I stay up late at night which is when they usually get me. It is hard for me to resist at 3:00 a.m., the next latest and greatest gadget. Sometimes I know as soon as I give up the credit card number that I've just bought a piece of crap. I never return the stuff. It winds up in the garage sales.

4. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    You can get them almost anywhere. I get mine from Rite Aid, Walmart, Target or online. I find the online option the easiest and most time saving.

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't normally buy 'As seen on TV" items. But I noticed the other day that our local grocery store has an entire as seen on tv section. I guess if I ever see something on tv that I want to buy, I now know where to find it :)

6. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I wait until Amazon carries them. And even then, I wait until enough reviews are posted to get a good impression as to whether I should actually purchase this product. I'm a sucker for new and improved gadgets, but so many of them are just junk and I don't have money to waste, so I'm grateful for the early adopters who share with the rest of us. Sometimes I will get a product if Amazon doesn't carry it and I can inspect it close up, but not very often.

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Like most people I love watching those infomercials. There is just something about them that keeps you glued to your TV set. That being said even though I find their demonstrations interesting I'm too cautious to buy it on faith alone. I wait until I see it on the shelves at Walmart before I even think of buying it. I still want to be able to see the quality of its construction and if it really functions the way they say it does. It's also easier to return this way.

8. StevenGlansberg

StevenGlansbergNew Member

Threads:
    You can get them over the phone, but it is far easier to just visit a local department store like Walmart and not not deal with the hassles of shipping and credit card information over the phone.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I usually wait for an "As Seen On TV" item to be available in stores before I buy them. I don't like to give out sensitive information over the phone such as credit/debit card numbers.

10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    If it's something I really want, I will buy from the TV. I think I have seen them at some stores like Big Lots, but it is always hit and miss to find them at a store. They seem to be the same price on TV and elsewhere, so why not?

11. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the products at CVS and Walgreens. There is also a store called As Seen on TV in some malls. They probably have a website to browse.

12. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I get my as seen on tv items from either Wal-Mart or CVS. I don't get them online or from a number because I don't trust them. I wait til they come to the stores before I buy them. I go to Wal-Mart the most because their prices.are cheaper than CVS.

13. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    They have a store in the malls here called, "As Seen on TV". Despite that, I also usually wait until these items end up in stores. I just feel like a sucker picking up the phone and order the that way. Plus, by waiting, you know it's not likely an impulse buy.