Where do you usually buy your food shopping?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sarz • Mar 25, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Do you stick to a specific store or do you tend to shop around?
    I shop around a few stores. It depends on what I am buying as well. For Fresh Produce it has to be M&S, Asda or Morrisons or my local stores.
    For frozen foods I shop at Iceland and Farmfoods. Don't really buy that much frozen stuff and if I had to pick a favourite it would be M&S. I think they have the best quality food, by far but are also expensive. Asda or Morrisons best reasonably price stores with Morrisons just beating Asda on Value.

2. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I prefer to do my grocery shopping at Walmart just because everything is so much cheaper than it is anywhere else. I will say that we sometimes will go to Sam's Club and purchase are food in bulk. It really just depends on if we mind having a lot of the same few things for a while. Sometimes it is just cheaper to buy stuff that way.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I usually shop at Aldis and then one other main store. In the MidEast, I used Kroger's. On the East Coast, I use ShopRite. I use Aldis for all my bulk, stock-up items where brand doesn't matter. I save so much money by shopping there. And then for everything else, I use the other store that has more options to choose from.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I do all my food shopping at a store call Mac or Fords , they have the best prices when it comes to meat . I try to buy all meats first cause side items tend to run alittle cheaper than the meats,. I like these stores because they run sales and I shop for family packs of everything cause it last longer.

5. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Quite often I buy food from Tesco online. This way I save on time and travel expenses. I also save money because I can view all the best offers or put products in price order. When I feel like going out and doing the shopping I tend to go to Aldi. This is easily the cheapest store in the UK. Money is a big consideration to me when I am doing the shopping. I have four children and a limited budget.

6. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on what I need, if I just need the basics then I will head over to my local Ralphs because they do have great prices. However, if I am looking to eat a little healthier and want to go organic then I will shop at either Wholesome choice or Trader Joes. They are a bit more expensive though so I don't go there often.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually shop for grocery in a couple places that are close to me. One is a larger supermarket where I usually do the shopping for the month and the other is a smaller market one block away from my home where I'll go when I need simple things like milk, yogurt and bread or stuff like that. I will sometimes vary and go somewhere different, but in general I'll use these two supermarkets.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'll generally stick to Safeway for most of my produce. I like the shopping environment and service. Also, with the Safeway club card, most of the prices on goods are extremely reasonable.

For non-perishable items, I like to go to a Big-Lots that is just around the corner. The prices are beyond cheap and I haven't found a store that's been able to beat what I spend there.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy my groceries in health food stores or in supermarkets that have an extensive health food section. As for fresh vegetables and fruit, I go to the Farmer's market in my region on weekends. I notice a very big difference in quality and taste between fresh produce from the local farms around here and the standard fare from Woolworths or Coles. Unfortunately there aren't many independent greengrocers left here. They have all been wiped out by the big corporations.

10. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    My personal preference is Target its works most of the times for me,This is the way how something can be working and surely they are having a very sensible range of things which are fine enough at uses.

11. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to go to the local hypermarket with the lowest prices for the things I'm looking for. Usually when I buying a lot of daily needs I'll go to this hypermarket but whenever I'm doing small groceries I usually go to shop nearest to my house.

12. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    The majority of my groceries come from Trader Joe's. I may get snacks from Target and some items from Ralph's/Kroger markets. Once in a while, I may splurge at Whole Foods but mostly, I try to keep my shopping simple but just a little eclectic.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We shop around to an extent- I stick to a few stores that are close enough together/close enough to where we live as to be convenient but I shop around between them to get the best deals on things- invariably one store will have better prices on some things and worse on others, etc. so shopping around in this manner nearly always saves me enough money to be worth the slight hassle of going to different places. We usually shop around between Target, Safeway and Harris Teeter, occasionally making a trip to Whole Foods as well.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop at Food 4 Less. They are owned by Kroger and they have some really good sale prices. I also like Sprouts Farmers Market because they have bulk bins that you can buy. It's so much cheaper because you do not have to pay for packaging.

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The town I live in mostly has small Mom and Pa stores. You just have to do your grocery shopping at any one of the stores unless you want drive 100 miles or so the closest City. But since most of the stuff we need is obtained locally [from farmers] groceries here are much cheaper than they are elsewhere. At times though if you want to save more say on milk, eggs, etc you can buy them straight from some farmer.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend to buy different types of items at different stores because some products are cheaper in particular stores than others. For example, I usually get toiletries at the big grocery stores where they offer products at a cheaper price or they might even offer a store brand, but when it comes to snacks there is a boutique store nearby that sells them for a few cents cheaper and since I tend to buy a lot those savings add up.