Where Is A Good Place To Buy Cheap Home Office Equipment

Discussion in Office Supplies started by suegiplaye • Jul 20, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I am new to working at home. I would love to be a stay at home blogger. No, I don't have any kids, but I would love to travel the world and run my business from my laptop. I was just wondering what is a cheap place to buy office equipment. Nothing special, just a computer table, chair, etc.,etc.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This may seem like a relatively obvious answer. But Amazon is actually really good for selling a whole host of products, including stationary and office equipment. I have seen some great stationary and office stuff on Amazon for some really great prices, so looking there seems like it'd be good. Ebay is probably a safe bet too.

3. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the reply. But, is Ebay and Amazon items that other people have previously owned? I never brought home supplies online so I was just wondering. I heard a lot of crazy people sell stuff on Ebay so it made me not want to use them or Amazon.

4. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Have you checked around for something second hand. Lots of times you can find them because people are either upgrading or changing their decor. You can get really good deals on used office equipment.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a service called FreeCycle where people can post stuff that they simply want to give away for free, you may want to browse through their site first to see if anyone in your neck of the woods is giving away any desks or chairs or lamps or other stuff you could use. Craiglist would be another obvious choice for this same reason. Even if they are wanting some money for the items, it's probably not much at all and far cheaper than they would have been buying them new.

You could also drive around the apartments near you, particularly at the beginning/end of the month - lots of people when moving, will leave behind all sorts of stuff like desks and chairs. If you get to them right away before they get damaged by the weather, you can sometimes find some great stuff. I should know, I've left out stuff like this when I was moving - which was still in perfectly good condition, but I didn't want to be bothered moving it. In most cases it would be gone within an hour or so.

Ordering online is a bit trickier - I usually wouldn't do it unless they were offering free shipping. Having furniture shipped to you can be rather expensive.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending where you live Ikea always does good budget office furniture. Other than that you should look at the local supermarkets as they usually do student deals for back to school right now with a table, chair and a lamp. I'm sure places like Target do them (large ones) and many will offer discount codes too.

7. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    Amazon would definitely be my recommendation. You can get the supplies you need quite cheap and in bulk. It'll save you a lot of time. With your question on used products - not all products on ebay and amazon are used. You just have to make sure that you read the reviews well and you read the product description as well. If it's been used, it has to be in the product description. If it's unused, chances are, it will say that it's new as well. The reviews will also be very helpful in making an informed judgement about purchasing the product or not.

8. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    Dollar stores are an excellent place to retain people supplied with pens. They have everything required for the small or even more common products. I can also use Flaps envelopes stores.

#8Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016