Where is the best place to buy computers from?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Carles • Feb 28, 2014.

1. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I am currently in the market for a new computer and was wondering what sites have good deals and are trustworthy. Where have you guys bought your computers and was it worth the money? I'm looking for a Dell computer because I can get a discount through school.

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that eBay has some great deals on computers. I think it is a great place since I got my first computer from their. Also be careful to buy from a top rated seller so that you do not end up buying from scammers and lose your money in the end.

3. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer new egg. They have good deals on both whole computers and components and have a good reputation with excellent customer service. The absolute cheapest way to get a new computer is to buy the components on line and put it together yourself but this requires some technical skill. Most brand new, in box desktops are extremely overpriced for what you are getting. You can often make a computer of the same specifications and save hundreds. If you decide to take that route make sure to do your research. There are many pc build guides and communities that would love to help you through your first build.

4. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure whether you have a PC World where you live, but that is a excellent place to buy computers, software and other computer gear. If you don't have a PC World nearby, then I'd probably recommend Ebay or Amazon, both quite cheap for laptops and both sell top quality computers.