Where is Your Favorite Place to Buy Home Decor?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by LindaKay • Mar 5, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I love buying things to dress up my house, but I don't have a lot of money to spend doing it. I buy some things secondhand, and I have a few older friends who have tons of stuff that they're willing to give away.

But, for the most part, I like buying little home decorative items from places like Family Dollar! They have tons of pictures and stuff there, and different stores sometimes have different stuff.

I also sometimes buy things from Walmart or Target. I think my favorite, though, is definitely Family Dollar. A lot of their stuff doesn't look as cheap as it actually is.

Where's your favorite place to go to buy home decor items?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Family Dollar does actually have nice home decor stuff. I also like to check the home decor clearance at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. But most of the basic stuff that I layer everything else on top of comes from Walmart and IKEA.
    If you have a good eye, you can make cheaper items look good, especially if you mix them with better items.

3. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to Home Goods or TJ Max. They have all the designer stuff that is just as nice as any other store, but at half the prices. They get new inventory once a week, so everything is always new and nothing is ever outdated. There is also a store called Kirklands, but it is limited to certain home decor items.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just go to the regular department stores like Kohl's, but I also really like Cost Plus World Market. However, if I'm feeling slightly more creative I'll go thrift shopping and then just renovate whatever I buy there to suit my home. I also take my own pictures (I'm a photographer on the side) so if I wanted pictures on the wall I would just pick from the ones I have that matches the room, and get a large print of it from Costco or something.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Ikea, the few times I can go. The closest Ikea is an hour away from me, sadly. TJ Maxx is also good for home decor stuff. You can find a lot of unique stuff in thrift shops or antique stores too.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have one single store I like to get decor from. I definitely go by what I see when I go to the store, since decor is so much what your taste is at that moment. I have gotten nice things at Target, but I have also bought great stuff at a website called Overstock and also one called Wayfair. I'd say those are my favorites for now, but I'm definitely not opposed to looking for home Decor at various other stores. You never know what you can find another stores have never heard of or bought at before.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    My favourite place to buy home decor is wallstreet or Amazon. I mostly buy them when there is quite a huge amount of offer. It is always advisable to buy the things at offer to get at a better price. I believe it is not worth to pay the price otherwise.

8. helena

helenaNew Member

Threads:
    Secondhand shopping

I've gotten really good at scouring the Krrb website for deals. Picked up a desk, a blender and even a free mirror. It's like Craigslist but nicer looking. :cool:

9. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop at Kirkland's, Bombay Company, and Home Goods. Sometimes I find things at thrift shops too.

Oh and Ross Dress for Less is one of my regulars. At least 50% of my belongings have come from that store! It is like a great big treasure hunt in there, I always find something good.

10. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately in my city most stores are specialized stores in home decoration, so their prices are anything but cheap. They do know to offer good furniture and decorations, though, it's worth buying from them

There's this big department store where prices are cheaper, but one needs to have good eye to find the truly nice stuff.

At the end it's a matter of convenience. If you don't mind to spend some time looking for good decoration, then go to the department store. If you can't, but you have good money, go to the specialized stores.