Where is Your Least Favorite Place to Shop?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by LindaKay • Jan 23, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, yeah I noticed that too.

I went to Ikea once and never want to go back. It smelled really bad and I hate the layout. I was looking for something then I wanted to leave and I couldn't find the way out. It was pissing me off because there were no windows and only one direction to go. It took me 7 minutes to leave the store because of their stupid layout. There were so many people there too. That store has no transparency.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate K Mart too. I hate the tacky brown and orange paint job on the walls. I hate the overpriced snacks and poor selection. But most of all, I hate the fact that they have accessories for electronics, but no electronics. Why bother to sell mice and keyboards but no computers? Why bother to sell Playstation controllers but not Playstations? What a sad and cheap store.
    Kmart makes Walmart seem almost classy.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where the heck do you live? I'm invisible at my Best Buy. It's a good thing that I don't need customer service usually.

I'm not crazy about Target for some reason but the only store I would say I hate shopping at is Goodwill. I already mentioned about the clothes in another thread but I get so bored in there. They used to have plenty of video games I liked now they don't seem to sell hardly any. I guess everyone has wised up about selling games online maybe. There's a little more selection in board games but even those have diminished some. I think it's probably a good thing though because I don't need to accumulate any more junk.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Goodwill has wised up about selling games online. If you look at the used games on Amazon.com, some of the sellers are Goodwill stores using Fulfillment by Amazon. Goodwill has people cherry picking the best stuff to list on Amazon. No wonder the offerings at Goodwill are pretty slim pickings lately.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Burlington Coat Factory. When they came to California over a decade ago, they were on the same category as TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. The stores were clean and well stocked then but now, it's a different story.

The one near me is dark and dingy-looking and it smelled stuffy like they needed to wash their walls. The selection was okay and I got some casual things but the strangest thing happened.

I wash clothes before wearing them and when it came time for these things, a bug was on them. It was a small orange beetle with big eyes and it did not move until I brushed it off and stomped it (sorry, but in my area you can never be too cautious)

6. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Haha I totally agree with points and that is why I no longer go into Primark. It is crazy in there, there is queue for the queue it is always packed. It's always a mess too, I guess that's down to the wild animals though lol.

7. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    SEARS or Bestbuy, But #1 is sears, you can't buy anything there without someone trying to shove a warranty down your throat.
    Best once had three people trying to sell me a warranty on a Macbook, they just couldn't take no for an answer. So I NEVER EVER
    buy that kind of stuff from either ever since, I'll just buy from Amazon and not have to fight off the warranty pressure. Don't they lose sales
    from other people feeling the same way???

8. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Target, I think. I'm not sure why. Maybe memories from childhood shopping for school stuff there. I'm not entirely sure. Oh, and hardware stores. I've spent too much of my life in those.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I hate shopping in modern malls that look more like parks and have a lot more outdoor areas to them, and I prefer old types of malls a lot more wherein they are just buildings that have many floors. The reason I feel this way is that the modern malls have the stores a lot more spread out, and seeing as it's always warm here, you'd have to walk a long distance through humid weather just to get to the next store this way, whereas in older malls, you can just go up a floor and walk a bit more to get to your next destination, and not to mention you'd still be in an airc-onditioned area all the way there.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I loathe WalMart. People continue to shop there because they believe they are saving money, but fail to realize the larger toll that these stores place on their communities, driving other businesses out, and forcing more and more people into their low wage positions - which in turn cause more people in those communities to become dependent on government assistance to supplement their incomes to bring them above poverty levels, all of which is paid for by you in the form of taxes. WalMart is essentially making you supplement it's employees earnings, because it's too cheap to pay them a living wage itself.

Look at Costco, for example, it's a virtual carbon copy of Sam's Club, only it pays it's employees like more than twice as much. They are among a smaller group of stores that prove all the scaremongering of WalMart/Sam'sClub wrong. They *can* pay their employees reasonable wages and still be very profitable, but they choose not to out of greed.

11. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally my least favorite place to shop is the mall. This is because it is usually crowded and I do not like to be around a lot of people. Also there is a lot of walking involved when shopping at a mall. It is so much easier to go to a Marshalls or TJ Max to find all of my favorite brands in one store. I also shop online 2 avoid going to the mall for clothes and shoes.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    My least favorite place to shop is probably a tie between Bed, Bath and Beyond and Yankee Candle. (⊙﹏⊙✿) Both stores smell so strongly of artificial scents that I always leave with a massive headache. I stopped shopping in those stores all together; I just couldn't take it anymore. Also, the Bed, Bath and Beyond were I live is crazy expensive! Half of they stuff they sell I could get for a fraction of the price they sell it for on Amazon or at the Wal-Mart down the street! ( ;`ヘ´) Just ugh, I don't like either of those stores AT ALL. (Also, the Wal-Mart where I live is brand new, and it's pretty nice. It's always clean, and on the rare time you see an employee, they're polite enough.)