Where to buy maternity winter coats and parkas?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SpringBreeze • Nov 2, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Do any of you know where to buy maternity winter coats and parkas?

I live in Florida. So, I don't many stores that sell quality winter wear, let alone quality winter wear for pregnant ladies. I'm looking for maternity winter coats and parkas that will keep me toasty warm in really cold weather (Canada cold).

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I buy stuff like this in thrift stores. They are more affordable and you'll find more cooler styles!

3. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Hi SpringBreeze! I don't know where you live in Florida, but I'm sure it's close to at least one of these great Burlington Coat Factory locations!

Burlington Coat Factory has always impressed me as having the most variety and selection of coats in all kinds of shapes and sizes. BCF even has a maternity section, and I'm sure you can find exactly what you are looking for there!

If you are willing to shop online, try on, send back for other sizes, etc., then I'd probably shop the brand North Face or any athletic apparel store in their camping/skiing sections.

Hope this helps!

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for the info! I don't know why I didn't think of Burlington Coat Factory. I remember shopping there several years ago when I moved to Georgia. They had a pretty good selection then. I bought a couple of wool winter coats from them. Unfortunately, I still froze with them on and I was only in a Georgia winter. I'm thinking of maybe going with parkas this time. They seem warmer. I just looked up North Face and their parkas look awesome. I really like the look of the Kiara and Parkway. They are not maternity but I think if I buy a size larger, I'll be good.

Sorry to ask this, but do you know of any other popular online stores like North Face. I'm not much into outdoor sports. So, this is a first for me. Thanks again for all the info!

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    There are always clothing stores in malls, that have this type of clothing in abundance. I suggest looking there first, because I am almost certain they will have something for you.

6. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Burlington Coat Factory is a great store. I am sure you will find a nice coat there. I shop there often. Another thing that works for me is shopping online. I'm sure you will find plenty.

7. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Hey Spring Breeze!
    I'm glad to help! I've heard great things about Patagonia, Marmot.com, Spyder.com, and Columbia.com. Like you said, they may not have maternity sizes, but just ordering a larger size should get the job done. When you're done having kids, you can probably re-sell the coat/jacket either to a woman with that size, or even a guy if you can get a neutral color/style purchase!

8. ChrisRoger

ChrisRogerNew Member

Threads:
    I buy stuff like this in Cashmere Markets stores. They are more affordable and you'll find more cooler styles!